Re: Flippy's video

mrsaintsgodzilla21 and megafreeman owns the forum now..

oh, right. sorry man i kinda stopped reading pages 3 to like 6 because i thought it was just gonna be shit like "fuck you minimaul you bitch!" which is fair enough, but like someone should get the bullet points out for the deaf and dumb in the back

MegaFreeman and mrsaintsgodzilla

Minimaul also pm'd me, but that part didn't materialize since flippy's second video sped up his exit quite a lot. Not sure if the site itself has been transferred, I assume we'll hear an announcement then. View attachment 38543

i've never seen anyone apart from this dude type with so many fucking hyphens jesus christ

I'm glad the drama's over but sad to see what happened and I still can't believe it happened. I'm also glad the forums isn't dead, it would be really sad if everything posted here, all the mods, guides, screenshots, memories disappeared forever. I'm happy there are modders willing to patch SR2 themselves and I wish you good luck!
Yes, Megafreeman and Godzilla are the new owners, I downgraded my own role to moderator since I won't be super active here anymore. Being an admin was an interesting experience. There have been some smaller dramas before but nothing compares to this.
So yea I'm taking a break. I have a ton of projects to finish (I'm focused on making art, Cyberpunk mods and models for a game rn) but I'll be visiting the forums from time to time ;)

I feel similar. I'm glad this mess is over, but I can't help but feel disappointed and sad that it happened in the first place. I enjoyed being an admin here and helping the forum in the past, and while there's been problems here and there, this latest incident was by far the worst.

In the aftermath of the drama, I personally am torn. Originally I had wanted to step down as an admin when the reboot came out, but decided to stay in order to keep maintaining the forum until things could get better, which unfortunately didn't happen.

The fact that I had stayed admin made me suspect of what happened after Minimaul's original apology post. It made me wish I had resigned my role last year. Now I don't know how to move forward. Before it was known who would take over the forum, my plan was to step down and have my account deleted with my mods still available to be downloaded. But now that the new owners are chosen and I know both of them to be responsible and trusted individuals, I don't see the need to have my account wiped. However, I'm unsure of how to proceed with the admin thing. Some people were quick to point a finger at us as the culprits without giving us a chance to defend ourselves. It shows me that by at least some, I'm not trusted to have admin priviliges here. Even now that our names are cleared, I still can't shake that uncomfortable feeling of being accused and suspected.

For that reason I want to step away. But the new owners don't have experience with the site and day to day activities yet. Should I stay so that they have someone experienced for now? There's still a lot of questions and doubt in my mind that will take me some time to process.

Among all the bad, at least some good seems to have come from this. I've seen people posting their thoughts here that haven't been active in years, new efforts being put together towards patching SR2 in the community, and having new owners who are known and respected in the community and still care for the series. Perhaps this is a new chapter for the forum and modding community as a whole, hopefully we still have plenty to look forward to.

All of this kind of goes hand-in-hand with what I said earlier. I'm still a little annoyed that I gave Mini a chance to better himself and he instead decided to dig himself further into chaos.
This is actually really sad and uncalled for. This goes with what I said not too long ago on another thread, talking about community drama. It's really saddening that so many modding communities lately (GTA's probably the worst culprit of the bunch) have just been so excessively toxic. Instead of talking things out, people would rather slander each other, harass, dox, send death threats, often over things that just... aren't even worth being angry over.

I've seen a lot of great modders stop modding because they couldn't handle the toxicity of some communities, including my friend Zolika1351. It just doesn't seem right to me. At the end of the day, we're modders. We all just want to improve our favorite games together. We should collaborate more and work together to provide great experiences—not this. If you don't like someone, either talk it out like a grown adult, try to resolve or make a compromise, or just... don't engage with them. Don't talk behind their back, don't slander them, don't rally thousands of people against them and spread lies. Don't hold grudges. Life is too short for that sort of thing.

While I can't say for sure if Mini was behind Flippy's account takeover, although evidence points to it, if it was definitely him then all I can think of is just... why? What do you gain by doing that? As others have said here, this all could've just been forgotten and moved on. Mini did apologize wholeheartedly for what he did, which I'm sure a fair number of us at least appreciate somewhat. Assuming he was behind this, he could've just left it at that, instead of this excessive drama. It serves zero purpose—it just makes things worse.

To anyone who comes across my post: please don't harass anybody. Not Mini, not the staff, not anybody. It's not worth making a situation much bigger than it already is, or bigger than it needs to be. I don't care who's at fault, because we need to stop with the hate on both sides, and learn to get along and forgive. I don't condone any kind of negativity. Do people fuck up? Absolutely. Do people mean to fuck up? Most of the time, no. People make mistakes, that's just human nature, and that's okay. However, this is a case-by-case basis. More importantly, should things get called out and should justice be served where applicable? Also absolutely. But remember that there's always a better way to handle a situation. And I know this, because I used to be an asshole myself back then. I've done things many years ago that I'm not exactly proud of. And I regret it every day since then. I've learned to better myself, and I feel it's best if I try to help others better themselves too.

The same goes for you Mini, and I mean this wholeheartedly. Please don't make things worse, and don't do anything you'll end up regretting later on. That being said, I do at least hope you're okay, and I hope you can learn to get over things eventually. I'm not the kind of person who wants to wish anything on anybody—not even my worst enemies. But I do understand that actions still have consequences and should be dealt with accordingly. But there's still always a better way to deliver said consequences.

At the end of the day, we all enjoy the same things, we're all here for the same reasons. Does it really have to be this bad?
Mini, regarding your previous actions, I think it's safe to say we can't exactly rule you out as a suspect here. There is plenty of evidence to prove that nobody else had any involvement with Flippy's account, and there's also proof that it wasn't just simply an "outsider" either. I'm sorry, but there's simply way too many factors involved that point to you. Especially when considering your mannerisms and how you speak, compared to Flippy's "hacker's" mannerisms and how they spoke. That alone raises suspicions of the highest degree, and it's oddly coincidental. Not to mention that you're a higher-ranking site administrator too.

The other admins have proved that they have no involvement, but we haven't seen you actually prove anything regarding whether or not you had any involvement in Flippy's account takeover. What you're suggesting is that somehow Flippy's email, and everything related to it, was hacked. Which as we can see is clearly not the case. If it was, not only would other things have definitely been noticed way sooner, but there'd also be a multitude of other signs to show it. Even then, the person controlling Flippy's account was quite clearly someone who is well-versed in what's happening here. I feel if someone really wanted to hijack his account and have their "say", they'd simply hack just his Saints Row Mods account, not his entire email and everything else that's associated with it (and might I add that hacking a Saints Row Mods forum account would be significantly easier and less time-consuming than hacking an email and everything alongside it?). So it's either that claim, which is proven nonsense, or you had involvement.

While I don't think anyone should be harassing you (frankly, nobody should be harassing anybody), it's best that you don't dig yourself any further into the hole you've dug yourself into. My friend, I'm sorry to say, but you've got a lot of evidence against you to refute.

I hope everyone will be okay after everything that's happened. It's a shame to see some SR forum veterans here who wish to part ways, but I understand why, and I wish them the best of luck.

I know this sounds stupid, but if anyone ever needs someone to talk to or vent about anything, my door is always open. I want to help make these forums a better place any way I can, and if that means being here for the people who might need me, then I'll do everything I can to make sure of that.

For those of you feeling burnt out and absolutely exhausted by this situation and feel the best choice is to step down and walk away, I say I completely understand but hope that after you've had some time away you come back and let that original passion you had burn just as bright as it ever has, while I might not have known Mike personally and had little time to make much conversation I feel that he wouldn't want us to give up completely, if you feel that this space has become to much of a reminder than please I ask that you check in from time to time and maybe even join the community I'm building for a Engine replacement for saints row 2, I'll be posing more information Monday regarding the discord and such.

Even though I'm a considerably new user in this site and a fairly late SR fan (I still prefer 1 and 2 way over what came after) it just saddens me to see that this once thriving and happy community has become less than a shadow of it's former self, that Volition will go down in history as the company that "could have" if better decisions were made and elements beyond it's control didn't screw them over.
I've done quite a bit of modding and while my knowledge of SR1+2 mods is limited it still makes me feel like I did something with myself, specially since I had to learn how to use the tools by myself and with outdated info.
While all that happened is a tragedy, we can't allow that to end the community as a whole, there's nothing wrong with liking the past over the present, specially when the present has no future, so let's just keep going.
I'll just wait and hope that one day, maybe hopefully one day someone will leak the SR2 source code and the people interested will fix the game on their own. And even if that never happens, we'll always have GoTR and Xenia.
Seeing how mrsaintsgodzilla and megafreeman own the forum now it feels me with hope that the mods and memories here are going to stay, I know they can be trusted.
TLDR It's over, but that don't mean we have to all just leave.

I am overcome with sadness at what was once a wonderful group of dedicated and talented collaborators who worked so hard toward a common goal of making Saints Row the best it could be. Although I haven't been active in the Saints Row community for some time, I communicated with both Minimaul and IdolNinja in the past when I worked on several mods and tools for Saints Row 3. I respect both of them for their hard work and dedication. IdolNinja was kind enough to make me a forum administrator, although I did not have the time to contribute even a small fraction of the amount of work that both Admixon and Singa have dedicated to maintaining this forum. To Admixon and SInga: Your hard work has been an invaluable asset to the Saints Row world, and is very much appreciated. Like all of us, I was devastated when IdolNinja died. I never really recovered emotionally from that terrible loss.

Minimaul is a vary talented programmer, and he has done so much for the modding community and the SR2 PC port. Without his work and mod tools, there would not be this forum or most of the mods that exist today. Game engine development is a very complex and time-consuming endeavor, and it doesn't surprise me that the amount of effort required to fix all the SR2 PC issues was just overwhelming for a single person to attempt. To be honest, I'm quite impressed with all the things Minimaul was able to accomplish. I only wish the interactions between Minimaul and IdolNinja had been more cordial. It saddens me to see how things went between the two of these men who I greatly respect for all their accomplishments.

Minimaul is a vary talented programmer, and he has done so much for the modding community and the SR2 PC port. Without his work and mod tools, there would not be this forum or most of the mods that exist today. Game engine development is a very complex and time-consuming endeavor, and it doesn't surprise me that the amount of effort required to fix all the SR2 PC issues was just overwhelming for a single person to attempt. To be honest, I'm quite impressed with all the things Minimaul was able to accomplish. I only wish the interactions between Minimaul and IdolNinja had been more cordial. It saddens me to see how things went between the two of these men who I greatly respect for all their accomplishments.
Are you aware though of the takeover of Flippy's account? There's a lot of evidence pointing to Mini with that...

Back