Saints Row IV and GooH GoG versions?

Is that an older version of SR4 that uses the old save file format which can import the boss character into GOOH?

Not automatically. Got a random dude in the GooH opening which made me impulse alt+f4 out of the game. Need some tinkering I guess. Saves look like this:

359wpee.jpg

Not automatically. Got a random dude in the GooH opening which made me impulse alt+f4 out of the game. Need some tinkering I guess. Saves look like this:

359wpee.jpg
Huh, so someone actually did mess with saves. Original ones were called "sr3save_xx.sr3s_pc", just like in The Third.

It *does* seem that the GOG release is based on the modding patch!

I tried the GOG release already and I don't like it. The reason, settings don't save. Everything else works fine it just don't save settings. It saves your progress fine but every time I go back to continue my game I have to go into settings and change the defaults to my likings over & over again. Settings like invert look (Xbox360 Controller), screen goes back into fullscreen mode after setting it in window mode, and a lot more!

Edit:: I'm on Windows 10 if that has something to do with the game won't save settings.

I tried the GOG release already and I don't like it. The reason, settings don't save. Everything else works fine it just don't save settings. It saves your progress fine but every time I go back to continue my game I have to go into settings and change the defaults to my likings over & over again. Settings like invert look (Xbox360 Controller), screen goes back into fullscreen mode after setting it in window mode, and a lot more!

Edit:: I'm on Windows 10 if that has something to do with the game won't save settings.

Nope, this is a rare case of Win10 is innocent ;)

Somebody messed up the gog build. I'm surprised your screen resets; display options are actually all fine; "just" all the others only stay for the current game session. By now gog service guys are probably aware of that since there is a thread in gog saints subforums (https://www.gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/sr4_not_saving_game_options/page1) & several sended service tickets about that.

Nope, this is a rare case of Win10 is innocent ;)

Somebody messed up the gog build. I'm surprised your screen resets; display options are actually all fine; "just" all the others only stay for the current game session. By now gog service guys are probably aware of that since there is a thread in gog saints subforums (https://www.gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/sr4_not_saving_game_options/page1) & several sended service tickets about that.

I also have the Preset settings on Custom and I had display settings as Window Mode in 1280x720 but it all resets every time I start the game. Upon starting the game it would go back to 1920x1080 Fullscreen and the Preset option goes back to High again.
Other settings do change too.

I also have the Preset settings on Custom and I had display settings as Window Mode in 1280x720 but it all resets every time I start the game. Upon starting the game it would go back to 1920x1080 Fullscreen and the Preset option goes back to High again.
Other settings do change too.

Weird. I just tested it. switched back from 1920x1080 fullscreen to 1280x768 windowed; left game, restarted and it loaded accordingly in the windowed mode.

Problem with display settings revert back to default fixed, run the game as an administrator DUH on my part. I don't know if this works on a standard Windows 10 account.

uncheck "read only" on the display.ini properties.
Hmm, I didn't think of that one, thanks Kannibal ;)

Edit:: It works! My graphic settings stayed! Again, thsnks Kannibal :D

Last edited:
Back