Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

You may be already aware of this but the BuildPackFile and EditPackFile functions are not working with SRTT VPP_PC files (r130 I think, might want to add a -v version switch).

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe srtt "soundboot.vpp_pc" "Temp"

Building Temp using data from soundboot.vpp_pc.

Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm having an issue cloning some hats with version 121 of the CustomizationItemClone tool. It effects the following hats/masks (that I've tried): Safeword Special, High Noon, Witch Hat, Zinyak Mask, Apocalyptic Goggles, and Santa Hat. Some hats I've tried that had no issues: Elf Hat, Murderbrawl Mask, Skeleton Mask, Country Straw Hat, Killbane.

On the Safeword Special and the High Noon hat it changes the secondary color to 0/0/0 RGB that is uncolorable. On the other hats/masks it makes things glow oddly. These two pictures show items that I cloned and uploaded without making any changes.
X7ukkCO.jpg

o6rlTqr.png

A workaround is opening the original file, copying the contents of the .str2_pc, renaming them to the cloned item names, and then repacking them.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue cloning some hats with version 121 of the CustomizationItemClone tool. It effects the following hats/masks (that I've tried): Safeword Special, High Noon, Witch Hat, Zinyak Mask, Apocalyptic Goggles, and Santa Hat. Some hats I've tried that had no issues: Elf Hat, Murderbrawl Mask, Skeleton Mask, Country Straw Hat, Killbane.

On the Safeword Special and the High Noon hat it changes the secondary color to 0/0/0 RGB that is uncolorable. On the other hats/masks it makes things glow oddly. These two pictures show items that I cloned and uploaded without making any changes.
X7ukkCO.jpg

o6rlTqr.png

A workaround is opening the original file, copying the contents of the .str2_pc, renaming them to the cloned item names, and then repacking them.
Hey,

I'm aware of some materials brokenness with CustomizationItemClone at the moment. The extra validity checks in the newer versions (which cause a lot of items to fail to clone) are a result of this.

I've been trying to find some time to fix it properly, but it's tricky stuff to work with.

You may be already aware of this but the BuildPackFile and EditPackFile functions are not working with SRTT VPP_PC files (r130 I think, might want to add a -v version switch).

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe srtt "soundboot.vpp_pc" "Temp"

Building Temp using data from soundboot.vpp_pc.

Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.Program.Main(String[] args)
Yep. This isn't implemented yet.

whenever i try to use the stream to build asm files it opens with a blank screen then closes
and any time i run the updater i get this error
Unhandled Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C. Path 'paths.sriv', line 5, position 12.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadContentFrom(JsonReader r, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ReadFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Settings..ctor()
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Utility.GetGamePath(GameSteamID gameId)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.Program.Main(String[] args)

whenever i try to use the stream to build asm files it opens with a blank screen then closes
and any time i run the updater i get this error
Unhandled Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C. Path 'paths.sriv', line 5, position 12.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadContentFrom(JsonReader r, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ReadFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Settings..ctor()
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Utility.GetGamePath(GameSteamID gameId)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.Program.Main(String[] args)
If I had to guess, you've messed up your settings.json.

If you attach the file to this thread, I'll take a look.

If I had to guess, you've messed up your settings.json.

If you attach the file to this thread, I'll take a look.
here ya go mini

Attachments

• settings.rar
    226 bytes · Views: 322
here ya go mini
Yep, you missed off the quotes around the path - what you put in is not valid JSON.

Here's a corrected version.

Code:
{
  "paths": {
    "sr2": null,
    "srtt": null,
    "sriv": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Saints Row IV",
    "srgooh": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Saints Row Gat out of Hell"
  }
}

Having another issue with the cloning tool that I don't remember encountering before. Tried v120 and 121. Whenever I try to clone Fumigator 3000 I get this error:

C:\Users\Gruff\Desktop\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121>ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Customiza
tionItemClone "cm_gasmask" "gruff_facewear_gas_mask"
Mapping mesh cm_mask_gasmask.cmeshx -> cm_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.cmeshx
Mapping mesh cf_mask_gasmask.cmeshx -> cf_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.cmeshx
Mapping cloth sim cm_mask_gasmask.simx -> cm_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.simx

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: An attempt was made to move the posi
tion before the beginning of the stream.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin loc)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfil
eEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameIns
tance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, I
AssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filenam
e)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)

Yep, you missed off the quotes around the path - what you put in is not valid JSON.

Here's a corrected version.

Code:
{
  "paths": {
    "sr2": null,
    "srtt": null,
    "sriv": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Saints Row IV",
    "srgooh": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Saints Row Gat out of Hell"
  }
}
ok that fixed one issue
but whenever i open stream it still only shows a black box for like a second then closes.

im trying to make an asm file. 3 actually.

ok that fixed one issue
but whenever i open stream it still only shows a black box for like a second then closes.

im trying to make an asm file. 3 actually.
If you're using ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2, it's a commandline tool - you need to use it from cmd.exe or write a batch file.

Having another issue with the cloning tool that I don't remember encountering before. Tried v120 and 121. Whenever I try to clone Fumigator 3000 I get this error:

C:\Users\Gruff\Desktop\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121>ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Customiza
tionItemClone "cm_gasmask" "gruff_facewear_gas_mask"
Mapping mesh cm_mask_gasmask.cmeshx -> cm_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.cmeshx
Mapping mesh cf_mask_gasmask.cmeshx -> cf_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.cmeshx
Mapping cloth sim cm_mask_gasmask.simx -> cm_gruff_facewear_gas_mask.simx

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: An attempt was made to move the posi
tion before the beginning of the stream.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin loc)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Meshes.StaticMesh.StaticMesh..ctor(Stream s)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ProcessCCMesh(IPackfil
eEntry oldFile, String oldName, String newName)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.ClonePackfile(IGameIns
tance sriv, String packfileName, String clothSimFilename, String outputFolder, I
AssetAssemblerFile newAsm, String oldName, String newName, String newStr2Filenam
e)
at ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.Program.Main(String[] args)
I can see a few possibilities for that one. I'll have to try cloning that specific file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back