Workshop thievery

And another one - someone called Exces96 stole another nude mod, this time it's BlackFireBR's Gorgeous Nude Mod (Shaved version) (original, stolen). It's not that obvious as above, considering that it's simply called "Nude Mod" on Workshop but yes, I compared files via WinMerge and they're all the same. Except 'camera_free.xtbl', which this guy apparently forgot to paste.

They uploaded it again about 4hrs ago so I just reported it on Steam (although I left out links because I wasn't thinking). Had I not caught up on threads here, first, I wouldn't have known it was stolen.

Mod theft isn't a new idea.

The only way to combat it is to use only one venue for your uploads, develop a following that knows your mods and style and nurture a relationship with users that propagates a positive influence toward modding.

Another piece of shit stole a mod without even porting it properly - this time some genius known as ツ A.N.G ツ released a broken version of shitface's Vehicle First Person Camera Mod (original, stolen, playground). Will they ever at least try it out before mindlessly uploading to Workshop?

Mod theft isn't a new idea.

The only way to combat it is to use only one venue for your uploads, develop a following that knows your mods and style and nurture a relationship with users that propagates a positive influence toward modding.

I moderated on Nexus for a few years...

Back