I wonder at times...

how would any Saints Row game in the series would've looked like if Volition used the Unreal Engine?

They'd look more realistic but be less special because saints row 1 and 2 have something called "charm". Charm is the reason I play gta 4 over gta 5 or saints row 1 over mgs 5 the phantom pain. Without it saints row 2 would feel less unique. The graphics aren't realistic but they look nice. The nice look of the graphics makes me want to play the game.

how would any Saints Row game in the series would've looked like if Volition used the Unreal Engine?

Never could have happened. Unreal is great for many things, but streaming open world is absolutely not one of them.

I don't think the car handling/physics would have been as good either. It seems like most of the games that have great car physics use Havok. And the shader support is limited to the specific capabilities they provide -- you can't easily add your own custom shader code (HLSL/GLSL).

Last edited:
I don't think the car handling/physics would have been as good either. It seems like most of the games that have great car physics use Havok. And the shader support is limited to what they provide -- you can't easily add your own custom shader code.
its reaalllly reeeeaaaaallly bad car physics.

What if it was made in Euphoria or the Avalanche Engine?

Back