Agents of Mayhem Reveal Trailer Reactions

I figured I'd make a general thread about the reveal, so we can avoid having 50+ threads on the topic.

As for my opinion, I'm looking forward to learning more at E3 about the story. The color palette is beautiful and I like the general art direction, I'm just wondering who the game is being aimed at. My first impression is it feels like a game geared for younger audiences (16+), when many of us Saints fans are in our 30's. It does take place in the Saint's Row universe, so I'm hoping there is SOME realism and adult / nerd humor we've seen in past Saints games. The trailer leaves me asking for more info, which was perhaps the intent.

Yeah I'm really liking it so far. But I do want to see how the open world gameplay has changed. Also I want to see more of the playable characters.

As a possible maybe\maybe not SR5
9100149.jpg

As a completely unrelated game that is essentially what would would happen if Crackdown, Overwatch, Sunset Overdrive and Excel Saga got thrown into a blender
maxresdefault.jpg

As an Elseworld story similar to what Volition originally had in mind for Red Faction. I.e Red Faction being a "bad future" for Saints Row

Last edited:
I'm trying to keep an open mind, but, to be honest, it's not the direction I was hoping for. I never liked the cartoonish look of Borderlands, and it seems this has a similar look.
(I hate to be a wet blanket -- it's just my opinion -- no disrespect intended)

Last edited:
I think its safe to say the series is over. Volition will probably work on a serious spiritual succesor to saints row after agents of mayhem. Lets look back at our fondest memories like our introduction in sr1, being chased by evil cars in sr2, creating a big fat man with green skin who wears a kitty back pack, a super hero outfit and murders furries in sr3 and murdering aliens in sr4. What a great series. Remember these memories whiles listening to simple minds don't you forget about me and bonnie Tylor holding out for a hero.

Without character creator? No thanks.

Do we know that? I first assumed this too after the trailer, but it doesn't specify that you're playing as these characters. I may have missed an article, but there could still be a "player", with these characters as the npc's, unless I'm wrong. I'd be interested in knowing.

Back