1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agents of Mayhem Reveal Trailer Reactions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Signothorn, Jun 6, 2016.

1. I figured I'd make a general thread about the reveal, so we can avoid having 50+ threads on the topic.

As for my opinion, I'm looking forward to learning more at E3 about the story. The color palette is beautiful and I like the general art direction, I'm just wondering who the game is being aimed at. My first impression is it feels like a game geared for younger audiences (16+), when many of us Saints fans are in our 30's. It does take place in the Saint's Row universe, so I'm hoping there is SOME realism and adult / nerd humor we've seen in past Saints games. The trailer leaves me asking for more info, which was perhaps the intent.

2. Superman

Superman Modding patch tester

Yeah I'm really liking it so far. But I do want to see how the open world gameplay has changed. Also I want to see more of the playable characters.

3. As a possible maybe\maybe not SR5
    [​IMG]

As a completely unrelated game that is essentially what would would happen if Crackdown, Overwatch, Sunset Overdrive and Excel Saga got thrown into a blender
    [​IMG]

As an Elseworld story similar to what Volition originally had in mind for Red Faction. I.e Red Faction being a "bad future" for Saints Row

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Cazzonero likes this.
  4. Quantum

Quantum Modding patch tester

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but, to be honest, it's not the direction I was hoping for. I never liked the cartoonish look of Borderlands, and it seems this has a similar look.
    (I hate to be a wet blanket -- it's just my opinion -- no disrespect intended)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    MOTOSXORPIO and Admixon like this.
  5. rastaman289

rastaman289 Modding patch tester

Maybe we'll get another saints row game much later based from another ending of GooH ? Apart from that, I'm satisfied with this one for the moment and I now want to play it right now .

Edit : Oh, and : http://www.aomthegame.com/faq/#aom_3776_faq
    It's not a Saints Row game, but part of the universe . So .... SR5 ?

6. Admixon

Admixon Modding patch tester

Without character creator? No thanks.

3bertrand1993 and Quantum like this.
  7. NOUS

NOUS Modding patch tester

Erect, I am.

8. rastaman289

rastaman289 Modding patch tester

I didn't meant this game .

9. I think its safe to say the series is over. Volition will probably work on a serious spiritual succesor to saints row after agents of mayhem. Lets look back at our fondest memories like our introduction in sr1, being chased by evil cars in sr2, creating a big fat man with green skin who wears a kitty back pack, a super hero outfit and murders furries in sr3 and murdering aliens in sr4. What a great series. Remember these memories whiles listening to simple minds don't you forget about me and bonnie Tylor holding out for a hero.

10. Do we know that? I first assumed this too after the trailer, but it doesn't specify that you're playing as these characters. I may have missed an article, but there could still be a "player", with these characters as the npc's, unless I'm wrong. I'd be interested in knowing.