Retexturing Saints Row IV, For Dummies

I extracted interface.vpp_pc for the texture that I was working on. The texture file had three variations of ui_bms_credits; .str2, .cvbm, and .gvbm.

I extracted ui_bms_credits.str2_pc, which gave me two files: ui_bms_credits.gvbm_pc and ui_bms_credits.cvbm_pc. I unpacked ui_bms_credits.cvbm.pc to get ui_bms_credits.tga.dds.

When I tried to repack ui_bms_credits.tga.dds with SR3RepackTextures.exe, I get the following:
cmd.png

I made sure that the edited texture was the same format as the old one-
Texture1.png

Texture2.png

Am I supposed to use another program for repacking .dds files?

I extracted interface.vpp_pc for the texture that I was working on. The texture file had three variations of ui_bms_credits; .str2, .cvbm, and .gvbm.

I extracted ui_bms_credits.str2_pc, which gave me two files: ui_bms_credits.gvbm_pc and ui_bms_credits.cvbm_pc. I unpacked ui_bms_credits.cvbm.pc to get ui_bms_credits.tga.dds.

When I tried to repack ui_bms_credits.tga.dds with SR3RepackTextures.exe, I get the following:
View attachment 7720
I made sure that the edited texture was the same format as the old one-
View attachment 7721
View attachment 7722

Am I supposed to use another program for repacking .dds files?

Try "SR3RepackTextures ui_bms_credits.cvbm_pc" with your cvbm-,gvbm- and dds-file located in your SR3TextureUtilities folder.

Does anyone know what the name of cmorph_pc file for Fancy Fishnets is? I've looked for it for hours now and I can't find it...

Does anyone know what the name of cmorph_pc file for Fancy Fishnets is? I've looked for it for hours now and I can't find it...

I'd love to know that myself. It appears the coloring was changed slightly from 3 to 4, and I'd love to be able to get rid of that ridiculous white zipper. It completely ruins the look of my old SR4 outfit.

I need to figure out a way to change the Bad Girl Boots too. In 3 they appear to be more of a 'velvet' or clothlike material. In 4 they're some sort of garishly ugly glossy leather/vinyl.

I'm wondering now if it's not possible to simply substitute the SR3 versions for the SR4 version, or if it would be easier to create a mod with them and simply give them new names so you can have both.

Hello there. I am having a bit of difficulty with something and I hope I haven't overlooked it being mentioned in this thread, I have followed the guide a few times and I've successfully re-textured two T-shirts. One whereby I just changed a logo (Over the top of the primary color square[Fig1:2]) and one whereby I edited both front and back. (front - logo on top of the blue square and back - on the "full view" image of the T-shirt[Fig1:3])

However, when I came to do it with Hoodies/Sweatshirts once I select the item in the shop menu the game stops responding. I can move around the upper body list but the character doesn't preview any new selections and I cannot close the store/game.

I flattened the image [Fig1:1] and saved it the same as the others under DDS DXT5 using paint.net and followed the same procedure as guided and done previously.

I have attached an image of the Tees/Hoodie and hope I have explained myself clearly and someone knows what I am doing wrong or if this type of re-texture needs to be done differently. Thanks!
Attachment Removed.
Edit: I fiddled about and tried redoing the image with differently formats and seems to be working with DXT1. So DXT1 for Hoodies and 5 for Tees works for me. Thanks for this guide, It's great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this awesome tutorial. For me as an "Dummie" in basically everything it was a great help. But I still have one problem when unpacking and i couldn't find a solution here and i don't hope i over read it.
eO2u1TJ.png

The problem is basically that the tool can't extract that file. My plan was to retexture the "police" deamons in GOOH. Could it be that the tool doesn't work with GOOH or did i something wrong?
Heres what i did:
1. Extrackted all packfiles in my cache folder [...\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache] using ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe
2. Trying to locate the necessary cpeg_pc and gpeg_pc files as instructed in this tutorial, but i got the Error shown in the Image.
Please help me if you know what i am doing wrong. Thanks!

Im trying to change the textures of eyes. There located in customize_player the only problem is.. Theres no cusmesh! What do I do?

Back