SR4 Character Mesh Viewer

I read in this thread that some people have been able to view and export into Blender hairstyle meshes using this tool. I'm trying to do that with "cf_dreadsinpigtails.ccmesh_pc" and not having any luck. I just get the message that says, "index was out of range. must be non-negative and less the size of the collection. parameter name: index" How did you guys manage to get hairstyles to open?

I'm very amateur at anything to do with modding and even 3D modeling. I only have experience with retexturing for the most part when it comes to diving into the files of a game. Right now I have been messing around with Skyrim mods and I thought it would be cool if I could pull hairstyles from SR4 and adjust them to be used in Skyrim character creation. Any help would be appreciated!

I read in this thread that some people have been able to view and export into Blender hairstyle meshes using this tool. I'm trying to do that with "cf_dreadsinpigtails.ccmesh_pc" and not having any luck. I just get the message that says, "index was out of range. must be non-negative and less the size of the collection. parameter name: index" How did you guys manage to get hairstyles to open? ...

Sounds like you are doing the right steps but some models will not open in this tool. It has to do with me not knowing all of the flags and optional bits that may show up in a model. I can tell you that the file you are trying to open has never been tested by me. I do have some improvements to this tool but unfortunately it is not ready for a release. And with the character/clothing portion of the SDK coming this tool may become unnecessary.

Sounds like you are doing the right steps but some models will not open in this tool. It has to do with me not knowing all of the flags and optional bits that may show up in a model. I can tell you that the file you are trying to open has never been tested by me. I do have some improvements to this tool but unfortunately it is not ready for a release. And with the character/clothing portion of the SDK coming this tool may become unnecessary.

Thanks for a speedy reply. Any idea when that part of the SDK is coming out?

Meatplowz gave me the impression that the tools for character/clothing import were very similar (if not the same) as the tools for weapon import. It was more of a question of how long it would take to prepare the templates. But of course no exact date can be given since the Volition staff are doing this on their own personal free time.

This tool is great but when i export to .OBJ the meshe gets a little messed up any suggestions on how to fix it?
10670256_729314923806586_1070806662427801616_n.jpg

Does the model look OK in the tool before you export? If so then what you are seeing are the different levels of detail (LOD) of the model. Most of the character models have four LODs and my tool only shows the highest LOD but still exports all four LODs. So basically whatever tool you import into will be showing you four different models placed on top of each other. So you have to go into the scene view (of the tool you imported them into) and turn off the visibility for those other models. So in the scene view you should see object names like:
  • Object00_Call00
  • Object00_Call01
  • Object00_CallNN
Most models have between 5 and 7 calls so you would want to keep Call 0 through 5 visible and toggle the rest off. If the model is missing something (like feet for example) then just toggle on the next call until the model looks complete.

OK. I have actually seen that before while I was experimenting with moving this tool to a WPF GUI. The problem is if you look at the front of a poly you will see it but if you look at the back of a poly it looks invisible. Unless you tell the renderer to draw both the front and back faces of the poly (which is how I have the tool setup). I don't know what you are using to render the OBJ file but look to see if it has an option to draw both the front and back of the poly.

Back