Wear simulation clothing while on ship

@Ethical!
The only bug i see at the moment is that the character is naked during the ship cutscene other than that the missions play fine.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for the late reply! well i thought it only happened with all DLC missions but apparently its only happening with the christmas missions.I'm using the steam version and removed all other mods for now but still bugs when i try to start.I've only tested two of the christmas missions."The Santa Clawz" and "Miracle on 3rd street".I removed this mod and they seem to work again.

Also! i seem to be able to use superpowers,guns and call homies onto the ship and also start the streaking activity lol.

Oh and by bug! i mean when i start the missions,the screen goes black and it comes back on and i am standing in the same place on the ship as when i started the mission but i now have access to powers and guns like i was now in the world with activities instead of on the ship.

Last edited:
Confirmed. When using this mod, trying to start the DLC2 missions fails. When the game transitions from the start point in the ship, it just reloads back at the same place, only as if you were in the simulation. After this error you have access to the phone menu and all the functions that provides while on the crib ship.

Affects Miracle on 3rd Street and The Santa Clawz. The Fight Before Christmas works normally.

Last edited:
This is my first mod that allows the player to wear their clothing from the simulation on the ship.
fswuWng.jpg

Place both files(game_lib.lua and sr3_city.lua) in the Saints Row IV Directory.
If you are using IdolNinja's Sandbox+ then download the Sandbox+ Patch.

* Hell yes ! ~ Good for you ~ Fun for us all ~;)

Perhaps the mod interferes with the mission because the mission has you wearing the holiday clothes instead of your sim clothes? Maybe something in the DLC files needs to be changed to go along with this mod's files?

That would be great if that were the case. However, The Santa Clawz starts you wearing what ever clothes you normally wear in the sim, same for The Fight Before Christmas. Only Miracle on 3rd Street starts you wearing the holiday clothes.

I don't believe I have the game_lib.lua extracted to be able to compare with the original but could you tell us what you changed to get the result of wearing clothes on the ship and maybe other modders can help you debug what's going on?

Was it:
Code:
--This function should correctly apply the ship suit for any players in the player list
function mission_apply_ship_suit_to_players()
    local player_list = player_names_get_all()
    local add_to_wardrobe = false

--Remove all clothing before we put on the correct clothes
    players_naked(false)

end

Perhaps the mod interferes with the mission because the mission has you wearing the holiday clothes instead of your sim clothes? Maybe something in the DLC files needs to be changed to go along with this mod's files?

i changed the players_naked(false) from true to false and in the sr3-city.lua i added this line: mission_apply_ship_suit_to_players()
i've also noticed i removed the following lines from game_lib.lua

Code:
-- wait until everyone is good and nekkid before we proceed
    for i, player in pairs(player_list) do
        while player_customization_is_finalized(player) == false do
            thread_yield()
        end
    end
but it worked without deleting that so i'm going to put that back in and test how the saints saved christmas.

EDIT: that problem still occurs so i will try and find a way to make this work again but for now i suggest uninstalling to mod for the first christmas dlc mission.

Last edited:
Problem solved everyone i'm uploading the new files now.
one file for people who use the christmas dlc and another file for people who use sandbox+ aswell as the dlc.

Did you make additional changes to the sr3_city.lua or just the game_lib.lua?
Just the Game_lib.lua

I was using the game_lib.lua from misc.vpp_pc but now i modifed the game_lib.lua from patch_compressed.vpp_pc and that seems to make it work.
so i guess i was using a non updated version for dlc.

Last edited:
Back