TOGO-13 (Killshot) Upgrades

The Money Shot DLC comes with three things, an awesome catsuit, hoverbike and automatic sniper rifle. The sniper rifle doesn't have upgrades. This mod gives the TOGO-13 (Called the Killshot in the files) three upgrades and lets you fine aim with the Killshot (Fine aim is where the camera zooms in but doesn't go first person with the scope). All the upgrades increase damage since the Killshot feels rather weak compared to other guns. Upgrade level 3 gives armour piercing and 4 gives explosive rounds.

Install: Copy weapons.xtbl and weapon_upgrades.xtbl into your steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\ directory.
This will replace any other weapon mods such as the Permanent Temporary Weapons or MOAB mods. To add it to those mods, find the "weapon_upgrades.xtbl" file, open in an editor of your choice and add the lines from "killshot upgrades.xtbl" to it after the <Table> tag. To add the fine aim to the level 1 Killshot, open "weapons.xtbl", search for "rifle-killshot", scroll down until you find the <Flags> entry, and add "<Flag>zoom allows fine aim</Flag>" without quotations to between that tag and </Flags>. This line can also be copied from any of the other files.

I think that's everything.

In summary:
This mod modifies the TOGO-13 from the Money Shot DLC to do more damage, have armour piercing and explosive ammo, and allows fine aim.
This mod will not unlock the TOGO-13 if you haven't bought the DLC.

Update 1: Forgot to add the sniper zoom to the camera options initially since I was using the AR-55 as the base template. Fixed and new version uploaded.

Update 2: Changed recoil type to sniper recoil, can now use zoom without massive camera movement while firing.

Update 3: All files are now in a 7-zip archive (No other changes) as per http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/read-this-before-releasing-your-mod.725/

Update 4: Just unpacked the latest weapon_upgrades.xtbl and added in the upgrades again. Tested it on my computer and didn't have any crashes with it, not sure how it'll run with other mods active though.

Attachments

• TOGO-13 Mod v2.zip
    815.6 KB · Views: 3,779
do i have to download all these files or what?

That's only if you want to add it to another mod that gives you a weapons.xtbl or weapon_upgrades.xtbl, such as Snipe's Permanent Temporary Weapons mod.

Maybe it's just me but unless anyone else has found this; it seems that by adding the fine-aim recoil, it has rendered the scoping more or less useless because one can't comfortably train shots. I'm all for recoil, ala the normal mcmanus sniping, but that compensates for it's in-scope recoil.

In comparison, the recoil introduced here pushes the reticule up forcibly enough upon firing that one might as well not bother with it because of how much one has to fight it to retrain it to a target. Even single shots are annoying to me. To fix this, I removed the fine-aim recoil multiplier line from the Killshot entries and scoping has returned to useful, ala unmodded killshot level 1. So far so good but I'm wondering if removing the fine-aim recoil is the best way to go about fixing the recoil.

Updated the files so that shouldn't happen anymore. Also changed price of upgrades since the original prices felt a bit low.

What is killshot?:rolleyes:

Back