Fly Mod

I like this mod but when I try and combine the Non-glitching city mod by BadMadScientist it locks up and I get an error message about Inaguration Station has quit running. Your mod stand alone works fine and BadMad's works fine on its own as well. Any idea why making the following changes to your mod would break it?

Merging instructions:
And if you would like to merge this tweak with some other mods, open requested tweak_table.xtbl and change "Glitch_effect_lifetime" value to 0 (line 425).

Any help would be appreciated because it would be great to be able to run both mods.

Update: This is strange, if I take your mod and try and merge the non glitch it locks up but if I take the non glitch and merge your changes it works like a charm. I can't figure that one out either...lol.

Last edited:
how do i fly

You don't do anytthing new. It's more like super glide than fly. To glide in the game (with or without this mod) do this...1) Jump up using space bar 2) head in any direction by using the w, s, a, or d keys 3) begin your glide by pressing the shift key.
With this mod it takes a longer time before you come down to the ground.

I like this mod but when I try and combine the Non-glitching city mod by BadMadScientist it locks up and I get an error message about Inaguration Station has quit running. Your mod stand alone works fine and BadMad's works fine on its own as well. Any idea why making the following changes to your mod would break it?

Merging instructions:
And if you would like to merge this tweak with some other mods, open requested tweak_table.xtbl and change "Glitch_effect_lifetime" value to 0 (line 425).

Any help would be appreciated because it would be great to be able to run both mods.

Update: This is strange, if I take your mod and try and merge the non glitch it locks up but if I take the non glitch and merge your changes it works like a charm. I can't figure that one out either...lol.
Interesting. I only used the modifiers Player_glide_acceleration and Jump_glide_terminal_velocity as it says in the first post.

Edit: I tried the no glitch mod and I had no problems on my end.

thanks, I edited it with the no glitch mod and it works. I used notepad ++

edit: Just one thing that could be an issue, death from above (the nuke upgraded version) may not be working like it used to.

Last edited:
Interesting. I only used the modifiers Player_glide_acceleration and Jump_glide_terminal_velocity as it says in the first post.

Edit: I tried the no glitch mod and I had no problems on my end.

My bad. I wasn't aware that you shouldn't try and use notepad to edit xtbl files. I guess I got lucky with one of the attempts or just got mixed up. I got a copy of Notepad ++ and the merge worked great. Thanks for your reply and thanks again for the mod.

You don't do anytthing new. It's more like super glide than fly. To glide in the game (with or without this mod) do this...1) Jump up using space bar 2) head in any direction by using the w, s, a, or d keys 3) begin your glide by pressing the shift key.
With this mod it takes a longer time before you come down to the ground.
thanks

Sorry to dig up an older thread but I just started using the awesome mods here and thought I would share something.

I love this mod but I also use the Unlimited Super Powers mod and they both use tweak_table.xtbl so as Stormy kindly listed the lines he changed I went ahead and made those same changes to the tweak_table.xtbl that comes with the Unlimited Super Powers mod (using Notepad++) and to my surprise it worked nicely.

It also, for some reason, fixed the minor issue I had using the DFA Nuke when Flymod was applied. No idea why but it's great. I actually use the little 'glitch' that lifts you higher when trying to glide more than 3 times, as a way to perform a nuke easily. I don't seem to shoot up ridiculously high like others have reported, it's perfectly controllable. The values I used are:

Jump_glide_terminal_velocity = 2
Player_glide_acceleration = 100

Here's a little video of the results:

Back