Non-glitching city

Non-glitching city
by BadMadScientist
v. 1.0

This little tweak removes the effect of "pixelization" that show up on cars and pedestrians in Steelport simulation:
157zo7n.jpg

Installation:
Just move "tweak_table.xtbl" into Saints Row IV root folder ("...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV")

Merging instructions:
And if you would like to merge this tweak with some other mods, open requested tweak_table.xtbl and change "Glitch_effect_lifetime" value to 0 (line 425).

Have fun!

Attachments

• Non-glitching_city_v1.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 54,338
The glitch effect lifetime thing, could that be used to just decrease the frequency of it?
I haven't researched on that matter yet, but I'll give it a closer look.

EDIT:
It looks like you can manipulate the frequency of glitches as well:
Code:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_building_glitch_time</Name><Value>150000</Value><Description>Delay between building glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_human_glitch_time</Name><Value>90000</Value><Description>Delay between human glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_vehicle_glitch_time</Name><Value>90000</Value><Description>Delay between vehicle glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_building_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between building glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_human_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between human glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_vehicle_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between vehicle glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

Last edited:
As far as I know you can turn this off the with the 'noglitchcity' cheat as well.
Wtih Idol's additional cheat mod it doesn't even flag your game either.

I haven't researched on that matter yet, but I'll give it a closer look.

EDIT:
It looks like you can manipulate the frequency of glitches as well:
Code:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_building_glitch_time</Name><Value>150000</Value><Description>Delay between building glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_human_glitch_time</Name><Value>90000</Value><Description>Delay between human glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_max_vehicle_glitch_time</Name><Value>90000</Value><Description>Delay between vehicle glitches in an uncontrolled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_building_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between building glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_human_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between human glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Glitch_min_vehicle_glitch_time</Name><Value>500</Value><Description>Delay between vehicle glitches in a fully controlled district.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:City Takeover</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

I see that there is some references to 'building_glitches' I dont think the pixellation occurs on buildings does it? Would this refer to the 'digital ripple' effect?

Back