Optimized Stilwater[ALPHA] v0.2

Alright I'm back to work on this for realsies after going on a holiday trip and then getting COVID-19. I'm mostly recovered already, though my sinuses are still plugged and I don't have much stamina for anything. I'm sure I will make a full recovery soon.

Just came here to leave another comment, hopefully you can find out how to optimize the sr2 mp interior maps as they're a mess performace wise, if it's like sr1 they should just be their own chunk, good luck buddy.

I can in fact confirm that interiors are their own chunk files.

Also I must admit that I did put working on this off for a while because I thought the map editor would fix the some of the crashes. But apparently Moyh seems rather busy at the moment.

I can in fact confirm that interiors are their own chunk files.

Also I must admit that I did put working on this off for a while because I thought the map editor would fix the some of the crashes. But apparently Moyh seems rather busy at the moment.
He's been busy and my friend tell me he will give it some news if he's not busy

Small development update: So... up until now I thought all of the unoptimized shadows were exclusive to interiors but NOPE! It turns out that a select few exterior lights have the issue as well. A few of them including the tall ones outside the hospital and a whole group of them near the arena. I'm curious what the deal with those lights in particular are.

I found out that the common factor between all of these unoptimized indoor lights and outdoor light sources is that they are disabled when the 'Dynamic Lights' option is set to anything other than 'All'. I'm thinking that maybe the lights have a flag related to this option, and if the flag is changed that it could improve the frame rate. 🤔

Alright sorry for keeping you folks waiting for so long, but I'm going to wait until Moyh Mayhem updates the map editor so I can change the lighting data as I please instead of hex editing. I just simply don't have the patience to manually hex edit all that data. Also please don't bother him, he's a busy man.

Hey, sorry I've taken so long. I made an update with a couple changes:

Fixed the kaitai file.
I wrote script that tests it against every single chunkfile in sr2. Using this method I got it working with almost all chunks. It looks like the remaining crashing ones don't even have lights, which is the reason for the crash.

FAIL samples/extracted-chunks1.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk046.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks1.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk056.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks2.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk111yacht.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks2.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk127_ph.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks2.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk162.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks2.vpp_pc/sr2_chunk182_rec.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intaicutjyucar.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intapmisstnghbrthhd_bldg.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intarcutlimo.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intctcutmassage.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intdkmissunkdk.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intdtcutbar.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intdtmiscourt_lbby.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_inthecuttalent.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intmacutshoe.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intmucutshadydr.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intprcuthealthclinic.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intsecutlaura.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intsrcuthospital.chunk_pc FAIL samples/extracted-chunks3.vpp_pc/sr2_intsrmispolice02.chunk_pc Chunk 752 / 752[====================] 100% Done! FAIL 20 / 752 failed.

Import options:
Most chunks now make it through the importer but some crash the editor in a later stage. It has something to do with models, haven't looked into it properly. You can now skip cityobjects and their models to work around the crash.

I haven't tested this properly, but it's probably fine.
https://github.com/sevonj/sr2_chonker/releases/tag/0.0.3

Attachments

• 1683295572725.png
    1683295572725.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 84
Back