GTA V Camera Styles for SR2 v2.0
Created by YeehawPhoenix

Description
Howdy everyone! Just like my SRTTR version of this mod, it makes the game's camera to look just like GTA V's normal AND close camera views! (Note: This is my third mod ever made for these games so not everything will be perfect)

There are two different versions of this mod, each that has an alternate option:
Normal view - which comes with an alternate fine aim option that's closer to your character's head.
Close view - also comes with a higher angle edit that I made if you think the regular option is too far down.

All versions alter the normal camera, aiming camera, interiors cameras, human shield camera, etc to be as accurate to GTA V as possible.

How to install (using Gentlemen of The Row)
1. Extract the ZIP file then copy camera_free.xbtl from either version (ONLY ONE) and paste into the "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder under Gentlemen of The Row's "optional_mod_stuff" folder.
2. Launch "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P).
3. Copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH
folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

Uninstall
Delete camera_free.xbtl from the "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder in Gentlemen of The Row then repeat steps 2 & 3 from above.

Updates
11/01/2021 - SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the size of screenshots on this post and removed them from the zip file to reduce storage size.

10/6/2022 - More organized forum
:blush:

Screenshots:

Interiors:
09A6A1FA-CCB3-4C17-9BB2-B2854EF4ED91.JPEG

Exterior:
E5A5A775-FF80-4DF5-9AD9-9F227F0BDA82.JPEG

Fine Aim:
7EB381DE-95BC-4FE7-BACF-FB08D366C0D6.JPEG

Enjoy! Feel free to comment about what you think or if there are any errors or changes I should make so I can update it!

Attachments

• GTA V Camera Styles for SR2 v2.0.rar
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,605
Last edited:
You get what you see, and looks pretty flawless to me --
SR2_GTAVCCS_01.jpg SR2_GTAVCCS_02.jpg
-- so far so good; the transition from standard to fine-aim gone pretty smooth, and to driving as well pretty much neat.

Had used one previously that nixed later for some issues at parts. Will have this one intact for a while here.

Anyway, just my 2c; that I think you might consider removing/at least reducing the size of the screenshots included with the archive as it makes the package gone whooping to ~100MB -- a bit much for an essentially ~500KB-could-have-been mod. I thought you were including a whole patch.VPP_PC to be fair before attempting to download this mod, hahah.

Nevertheless, a great mod -- much thanks for this! 👍

Last edited:
You get what you see, and looks pretty flawless to me --
-- so far so good; the transition from standard to fine-aim gone pretty smooth, and to driving as well pretty much neat.

Had used one previously that nixed later for some issues at parts. Will have this one intact for a while here.

Anyway, just my 2c; that I think you might consider removing/at least reducing the size of the screenshots included with the archive as it makes the package gone whooping to ~100MB -- a bit much for an essentially ~500KB-could-have-been mod. I thought you were including a whole patch.VPP_PC to be fair before attempting to download this mod, hahah.

Nevertheless, a great mod -- much thanks for this! 👍
Thanks for your comment and glad you liked my mod! Yeah I figured the way I did my screenshots wasn’t the best way to show it off haha any ideas on how I can reduce their size? I’m kinda new here lol

...the way I did my screenshots wasn’t the best way to show it off...
I was talking about those included with the zipped archive anyway, and to have them in is a good way to show them off off-sites, the way I see it. It's just never I see a mod had screenshots included that took size for >= 100MB, even for a texture pack, hahah.

...any ideas on how I can reduce their size?
I believe you can use the program you use for labelling them [Original SR2 Camera, Modded Camera, etc.]. You should see a resize button or anything similar in it I'm sure.

Personally I use PhotoScape X that is free. There's a Resize button there around the toolbar that you can use to shrink the size. If I were you I'd go for anywhere x512/x720 on width since the mod focused on the FoV, not the details.

I was talking about those included with the zipped archive anyway, and to have them in is a good way to show them off off-sites, the way I see it. It's just never I see a mod had screenshots included that took size for >= 100MB, even for a texture pack, hahah.

I believe you can use the program you use for labelling them [Original SR2 Camera, Modded Camera, etc.]. You should see a resize button or anything similar in it I'm sure.

Personally I use PhotoScape X that is free. There's a Resize button there around the toolbar that you can use to shrink the size. If I were you I'd go for anywhere x512/x720 on width since the mod focused on the FoV, not the details.
Okay I went back and (hopefully) reduced the size of screenshots for this post and the ZIP file. Thanks again for the support! :D

Back