Mission Skip v0.4 (Missions autocomplete as soon as you start them)

Mission Skip v0.4
Created by nclok1405 ◆VScYHamhfU
Download: MissionSkip_v0.4.zip

=== Description ===
This mod modifies all mission scripts of Saints Row 2 so they are automatically completed as soon as you start them.
This mod will be useful if you have trouble completing them (crashes, difficulties, etc).

=== Optional Files: no_news_or_swaps\*.lua ===
These are modified mission scripts that do not unlock new radio news and do not make the city burn in ss05.lua "Burning Down the House". These will likely help prevent crashes.

=== Optional Files: activities\*.xtbl ===
The xtbl files under the "activities" directory are super-easy setting for activities.
By using them you can complete most activities without much effort.

=== Optional File: sr2_city_missions.xtbl ===
This is a modified mission list file that changes all mission's respect requirement to zero.
By using this file, you can play through the game without playing any activities.
NOTE: If you are NOT using GotR please read this post.

=== Install ===
==== Installation for original 2009 version of Saints Row 2 ====
To install, copy all lua and cts files inside "missions" folder to optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder.

If your game crashes often, or cannot get past ss05.lua "Burning Down the House", copy all lua files inside "no_news_or_swaps" folder to the optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder.

If you wish to make activities very easy to complete, copy all xtbl files inside "activities" folder to the optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder.

If you wish to disable respect requirements as well, copy the included "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" to the optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder.

Then execute "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P), and copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

==== Installation for 2020/2021/20XX version of Saints Row 2 (UNTESTED) ====
Try copying all lua and cts files to the folder where the game is installed.
If it doesn't work, please visit the top page of saintsrowmods.com and find what modding scheme is available.
If a new version of Gentlemen of the Row mod is available, please use that.

DO NOT USE sr2_city_missions.xtbl! It is only designed for the old 2009 version!

=== Uninstall ===
To uninstall, copy the included "uninstall_mission_skip.bat" to optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder, then double-click the copied batch file. All mission-related lua and cts files should disappear.

To revert the activities to normal, copy the included "uninstall_easy_activities.bat" to the optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder, then double-click the copied batch file. All activity-related xtbl files should disapper.

To revert the respect requirement, delete the "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" from the optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder.

Then execute "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P), and copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

=== Changelog ===
v0.4 (October 27, 2019)
* Added lua and cts files for dlc01/dlc02/dlc03/dlc06, intended for the upcoming SR2 updated edition.

v0.3 (September 7, 2019)
* Added "no_news_or_swaps" versions of lua files for those who have trouble in ss05.lua "Burning Down the House" or other missions

v0.2 (May 29, 2019)
* Added easier activity setting files

v0.1 (May 20, 2019)
* Initial Release

Attachments

• MissionSkip_v0.4.zip
    170.7 KB · Views: 2,795
Last edited:
Can you read minds?:) I lost my SR2 save 2 days ago and started the game again, but became a little boring to do all of it a second time.

EDIT: I found a glitch that when some missions are completed it unlocks the same thing many times, for an example in the mission that you unlock Shaundi as a homie, it unlocked her 3 times. I don't know if it's because of this mod or another one, I don't use GotR. But I found another little glitch, that actually functions as a good thing, while using this mod, when you start any mission, until the screen fades you can quickly enter in a vehicle and press the map button, then it will bypass the "mission complete" screen.

Last edited:
Can you read minds?:) I lost my SR2 save 2 days ago and started the game again, but became a little boring to do all of it a second time.

EDIT: I found a glitch that when some missions are completed it unlocks the same thing many times, for an example in the mission that you unlock Shaundi as a homie, it unlocked her 3 times. I don't know if it's because of this mod or another one, I don't use GotR. But I found another little glitch, that actually functions as a good thing, while using this mod, when you start any mission, until the screen fades you can quickly enter in a vehicle and press the map button, then it will bypass the "mission complete" screen.
I cannot reproduce "Shaundi unlocks 3 times" bug, but it sounds like you're using the "no respect requirement" mission list file without GotR. If this is the case, it'll cause various problems because the mission list file in the mod ("sr2_city_missions.xtbl") is based on GotR, and thus tries to unlock non-existing unlockables on a vanilla game.
I've made a "no respect requirement" mission list file for vanilla SR2 (download below) so please replace your "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" with it.

Attachments

• sr2_city_missions.xtbl
    68 KB · Views: 727
I cannot reproduce "Shaundi unlocks 3 times" bug, but it sounds like you're using the "no respect requirement" mission list file without GotR. If this is the case, it'll cause various problems because the mission list file in the mod ("sr2_city_missions.xtbl") is based on GotR, and thus tries to unlock non-existing unlockables on a vanilla game.
I've made a "no respect requirement" mission list file for vanilla SR2 (download below) so please replace your "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" with it.
Thanks, I'll test it later and give feedback editing this post. Great work.

EDIT: Tested and worked.:)

Last edited:
Hey, this is a great mod. I was wondering if you could also do this for activities as well, or perhaps tell me how you made this mod so I could do it myself?

Mission Skip v0.2 released.
Hey, this is a great mod. I was wondering if you could also do this for activities as well, or perhaps tell me how you made this mod so I could do it myself?
The activities do not use Lua so they cannot simply be "skipped", but I've made a set of setting files that make most Activities very easy in v0.2.

Regarding "how I made this mod", for the most missions I've simply modified the mission scripts so they make you win as soon as you start the mission.
Most missions follow the following scheme in this mod:
Code:
-- bh01.lua: First Impressions -- The first line has file name and mission name, added by me

MISSION_NAME = "bh01" -- Internal Mission ID

function bh01_start(checkpoint, is_restart)
   -- This is the "main" function of a mission.
   mission_end_success(MISSION_NAME) -- Calling this will end the mission in success.
end

function bh01_success()
   -- This function is called after the mission is completed and shortly before returning to freeroam.

--radio_post_event("JANE_NEWS_SOS05", true) -- Some missions unlock a new radio news...

--mission_unlock("crowd_ht") -- ... and early Saints missions unlock activities.
   --mission_unlock("crowd_su")
   --mission_unlock("demoderby_un")
end

function bh01_cleanup()
   -- This function is called when the mission ends in success or failure.
   -- Normally various cleanup codes will go here (like deleting NPCs from the world)
   -- But there is nothing to be cleaned up in this mod.
end

Last edited:
Updated Mission Skip to v0.4. It now contains files (dlc01/02/03/06) for the upcoming Saints Row 2 PC update.
I hope the new SR2 can load the modded files directly from the disk (as in SRTT and SRIV) so the players can use this mod in day 1.

Racing will be skip in game?
I've made a Racing settings file that extends all timed races to 10 minutes. Airplane races are still extremely difficult though...
It also doesn't do anything to VS Races. I've changed the max speed of all rival racers to 1 but it is ignored by the game...

Attachments

• racing_sr2_city.xtbl
    34.2 KB · Views: 344
Back