Easier Activity Goals

I made the super easy one for you guys! I tested it on my singleplayer game and it worked. Not sure how it will work with coop. (I'm not a professional) Tell me if it works in coop (or at all)!

(Oh I didn't do rifts because I'm lazy and I don't want to do it if the other file doesn't work)
Well rifts is what I need so it's useless for me unless you can do rifts then I'm stuck

Sorry to necro the thread...But say, for example, we wanted to further change the rifts to suit our own needs...What program would we need to edit the files?

Don't know if the OP ever checks this, but the vanilla steam_grid.asm_pc file has changed, so this mod makes the city look like complete ass (lots of missing textures).

An update to this excellent mod would be most welcome.
I can keep using the easier-rift stuff, I just have to remove it when I want to do anything besides a rift.

This mod is a quick and dirty tweak, to make the activities a lot easier to accomplish for the higher gold medal requirements. It's not a super-easy 'all the time in the world' or '1 point to win' mod, it just halves the points/cash requirement, and doubles the time given. It does this for all of them however, and yes that includes the assorted rifts (platforming, speed, and telekinesis). Because fuck rifts. (This is also why I made it, as a test to see if I figured it out, and because gold on the rifts was annoying. Oh so annoying.)

Installation is easy: just download the attached file, open it up in 7zip (if you don't have 7zip, go to 7zip.org and get it! It's better than all the alternatives, and 100% free!) and extract the files inside to your Saints Row 4 directory (typically steam\Steamapps\Common\Saints Row IV)

Uninstallation is easy too. Just go into your SR4 directory, and delete all the r_*_modal.str2_pc files, stream_grid.asm_pc, and sr3_city_activity_goals.xtbl files.
That's a wild-card for those of you who don't understand that sort of thing. There's a number of str2_pc files, each for a rift instance. That's 3 r_speed??_modal.str2_pc files for the speed rifts, 3 r_leap??_modal.str2_pc files for the platforming rifts, and 2 r_tk??_modal.str2_pc files for the two TK rifts. Plus the asm file referencing them.

Bugs and Compatability:
This mod should play nice with just about anything out there, as long as it doesn't touch the files included. The biggie is the stream_grid.asm_pc which is probably used for a lot of things, so naturally any mod that changes anything referenced by it will be broken by this mod (and vice versa). It would be easier if all the activities used the single xtbl table but the rifts do not.

It also has not been tested in co-op. It should play nice as long as both client and host have the files, I just halved all the requirements, including the co-op ones (when specified, some missions don't).

Update: Updated for the newest Steam patch (as of August 30, 2013), as well as fixing the stupid oversight on my part in regards to the rifts. They will now show the correct point totals at the start/end, as well as awarding medals accordingly. Thus, I'm calling this 1.0!

Gondar in FEB 2018 I still agree with this great Mod , and all because and I quote you "Because Fuck Rifts" LMFAO I am still laughing today , Thank you very much. Because Fuck them Damm Rifts!!

Sorry to necro a dead thread....just thought I'd throw out I'm trying to make an updated and/or workshop version of this mod from scratch, since I've noticed in recent playthroughs it creates issues

Back