Easier Activity Goals

I had the crash issue too on that mission.

I did a quick test of updating a copy of stream_grid.asm_pc from my SRIV install, with the individual r_*_modal.str2_pc files from this mod, and was then able to start that mission. I'm guessing one of the game updates must have touched something in the asm_pc file (or related to it) since the last time the mod was updated.

I can upload my rebuild of the files if anyone needs it or wants to try it to see if it fixes the crash for them (and if it's ok to do so).

this mod seems to crash the game during some missions the escape the simulation is confirmed as one of the missions
that's the only mission it would crash on that I've seen

This mod is a quick and dirty tweak, to make the activities a lot easier to accomplish for the higher gold medal requirements. It's not a super-easy 'all the time in the world' or '1 point to win' mod, it just halves the points/cash requirement, and doubles the time given. It does this for all of them however, and yes that includes the assorted rifts (platforming, speed, and telekinesis). Because fuck rifts. (This is also why I made it, as a test to see if I figured it out, and because gold on the rifts was annoying. Oh so annoying.)

Installation is easy: just download the attached file, open it up in 7zip (if you don't have 7zip, go to 7zip.org and get it! It's better than all the alternatives, and 100% free!) and extract the files inside to your Saints Row 4 directory (typically steam\Steamapps\Common\Saints Row IV)

Uninstallation is easy too. Just go into your SR4 directory, and delete all the r_*_modal.str2_pc files, stream_grid.asm_pc, and sr3_city_activity_goals.xtbl files.
That's a wild-card for those of you who don't understand that sort of thing. There's a number of str2_pc files, each for a rift instance. That's 3 r_speed??_modal.str2_pc files for the speed rifts, 3 r_leap??_modal.str2_pc files for the platforming rifts, and 2 r_tk??_modal.str2_pc files for the two TK rifts. Plus the asm file referencing them.

Bugs and Compatability:
This mod should play nice with just about anything out there, as long as it doesn't touch the files included. The biggie is the stream_grid.asm_pc which is probably used for a lot of things, so naturally any mod that changes anything referenced by it will be broken by this mod (and vice versa). It would be easier if all the activities used the single xtbl table but the rifts do not.

It also has not been tested in co-op. It should play nice as long as both client and host have the files, I just halved all the requirements, including the co-op ones (when specified, some missions don't).

Update: Updated for the newest Steam patch (as of August 30, 2013), as well as fixing the stupid oversight on my part in regards to the rifts. They will now show the correct point totals at the start/end, as well as awarding medals accordingly. Thus, I'm calling this 1.0!

Thank GOD the activities send me into blind rage.. Or that might be better said Blonde rage ~;)

Any way, thank you very much for creating this, it is sure to save what is left of my sanity.

Still seeing a crash when trying to start the mission "The Escape"

hope this issue will be fixed.
It's fixed easily. By uninstalling the mod before starting the mission

Soo, this mod "easifies" rifts only? Or ALL the activities? BRB, gonna check

edit: nmd, there's a super easy activities file on page 7. Thanks! :)

Back