Unused mission objective restoration

Mod is aimed at restoring cut mission/stronghold objectives and features.

I am going to color mission names in this page.
Red - there's something that I am still to look at in the games files.
Green - I am pretty much done with this mission.
Blue - Cant fully restore it due to missing code.
Purple - Broken code but mostly works.
--------------------
Current restorations:

Room Service - Restored cut objective to pick up the bombs from an arms dealer before going to the hotel.

Poseidon Alley Docks - Restored 2 cut objectives at the end of the mission to get on a boat and chase down a buyer.

Stilwater Caverns - Restored 2 cut objectives, a boat ride at the start and an objective at the end to protect goods till crew arrives. Note: 1 objective is left unrestored due to missing code.

Veteran Child - Restored the line of code that makes Shaundi moan while shes being held hostage.

Rounds Square Shopping Center - Restored an objective to chase down an exec, although the code for the path is missing.

Amberbrook Museum Pier - Restored cut objective at the end of the mission to go and kill 6 ronin gang members.

Elysian Fields Trailer Park - Restored an objective at the start to talk to an agent, also moved the start position closer to it.

One Man's Junk... - Restored cut fire effects on one of the large boats.

Humbolt Park Science Museum - Restored alternative ending that requires player to kill a group of ronin instead of destroying a helicopter.

Kanto Connection - Restored cut feature where Jyunichi passes out instead of dying

Wardill Airport Hangars - Restored feature that gives player money after transferring it.

The Shopping Maul - Restored cut section where player has to fight The General on foot.

Eternal Sunshine - Restored feature that constantly ragdolls player after entering the meat processing plant.

Visiting Hours - Gat goes into cardiac arrest before dying, giving the player time to revive him.

Bavogian plaza drug labs - Cut section of the samedi loading the crates restored. Note: code needs fixing, sometimes the loaders wont do anything, also need to remove mission success from killing loaders when the helicopter is loaded.
--------------------
The mod contains altered Hotels Drug Trafficking activity against the cops.
All complications in it has been replaced with unused cop stings.
--------------------
If i will find any other cut objectives or something else, i will just update this mod.

Attachments

• Unused, cut mission objective restoration 1.7.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
In The Ronin mission "Room Service", before going to the hotel, is a cut objective to pick up the bombs from a arms dealer, it even has its own unique dialogue. This mod restores the objective.

If i will find any other cut objectives or something else, i will just update this mod.

(video soon)
Nice.
I think down payment had a cut boss fight and i'd love to see that brought back. if possible.

Nice.
I think down payment had a cut boss fight and i'd love to see that brought back. if possible.

hmm, interesting, I don't see the boss mentioned anywhere in the regular down payment mission, but that same mission has unused demo version of it , and a boss named bumaga is there, has a whole objective about it, thanks for letting me know, will see if i can port the boss over to the regular mission , i have played that demo version before, it crashes mid mission.

Maybe i can try fixing the demo version first, i guess that could be the right thing to do first.

Does anyone know who this Bumaga buy was supposed to be in Down Payment and what his story was. He honestly looks rather similar to Maero.

Does anyone know who this Bumaga buy was supposed to be in Down Payment and what his story was. He honestly looks rather similar to Maero.
He was mentioned in previous Volition streams.

Basically he was a planned boss fight for that mission, but was cut for whatever reason. fun fact: He would've used a sign post as a weapon, which would've had the name of Volition's principal programmer , Mike Flavin, on it. He is also supposed to be an Umaga parody, as per Volition's usual WWE reference in SR.

He was mentioned in previous Volition streams.

Basically he was a planned boss fight for that mission, but was cut for whatever reason. fun fact: He would've used a sign post as a weapon, which would've had the name of Volition's principal programmer , Mike Flavin, on it. He is also supposed to be an Umaga parody, as per Volition's usual WWE reference in SR.
Hmm that is interesting. I was wondering was he a member of The Brotherhood? I say this because he looks somewhat like Maero and The Brotherhood members and wears red?

Hey what are homies called in the code? Like to tweak them in LUA? In Sr3 they're "#FOLLOWER1#" what are they in saints row 2?

idk what you are exactly trying to do , maybe spawn_info_ranks.xtbl is the file you are looking for, you can edit what weapons and how much hitpoints they have in this file

I'm trying to get them to specific animations through sandbox plus, but i can't find the name the game uses for NPC followers in the code.

Back