How to replace npc character mesh

I guess i found something very strange, it looks like faces for almost all characters were created from this template in character editor. So in SR2 characters used shared body but in SR3-4 only shared head
знімок екрана.png

I guess i found something very strange, it looks like faces for almost all characters were created from this template in character editor. So in SR2 characters used shared body but in SR3-4 only shared head
View attachment 18810
Yeah,all the faces seems to have the same basic head thats what i thought cause at least the female models look kinda identical in basic physiognomies.

Yeah,all the faces seems to have the same basic head thats what i thought cause at least the female models look kinda identical in basic physiognomies.
Yeah but this is strange, they have one head mesh for everyone but each model have different lods for head. I wanted to make some character replacement like nurses from Sillent hill but this thing makes everything more complicated.

Yeah but this is strange, they have one head mesh for everyone but each model have different lods for head. I wanted to make some character replacement like nurses from Sillent hill but this thing makes everything more complicated.
Yeah,sounds like you would have to create the Silent Hill model head on head template from SR?

If i've learned to use the blender i would like to replace a npc with this model:
WhipperNude.png

I guess i downloaded it from xnalara long time ago. :)

If i've learned to use the blender i would like to replace a npc with this model:
View attachment 18820
I guess i downloaded it from xnalara long time ago. :)
Ehh, I am still recommend you to use student version of maya. I figure out that blender can create new bone attributes but it didn't read attributes that were created in maya.
But anyway pipeline is the same - open your model, import template from SDK >move SDK template joints to your skeleton, skin mesh to SDK skeleton and transfer weights.

Ehh, I am still recommend you to use student version of maya. I figure out that blender can create new bone attributes but it didn't read attributes that were created in maya.
But anyway pipeline is the same - open your model, import template from SDK >move SDK template joints to your skeleton, skin mesh to SDK skeleton and transfer weights.
Maybe i should try Maya but it'll be the same like blender cause i didn't know how to do all the things that should be done yet but the time will come.....:)

I agree with Henry. I use both Blender and Maya. Use Blender for creating models and Maya for exporting to the game.

Maybe i should try Maya but it'll be the same like blender cause i didn't know how to do all the things that should be done yet but the time will come.....:)
I can say that for me transition from 3d max to maya was very smooth. It is't so powerful in hard-surface modelling but superb in skinning and animation. When I remember max skinning I wanna to cry. Blender toolset kinda good but navigation is very weird and hot-key oriented .
Also I guess I know how to hide head. In character definition xtbl clear <Heads> tag
upload_2018-4-28_8-44-1.png

edit: no it's crush the game

Last edited:
Back