Worth It?

i think idol may be working with them if they ever plan on giving sr2 a better port. seriously, gotr fixed much of the problems for me. only once or twice did it slow down. so whatever he did, worked for me.

With the powertools and gtor I believe if you can accept the graphics and fast paced animations with the occasional crash you will get more mileage from this game than you can get from sr3 with gos installed, to give an idea I guess, I have over 100 hours just on 1 char for sr2 while sr3 its right now somewhere between 70-80 hours for my first characters and another 60 for my second. I just started my second character for sr2 and I'm about to pass the total hours I've had on sr3.

Sr3 is just boring in comparison, with some mods it's better but far from SR2.
At least for me, I spend hours just driving in Stilwater listening to the ingame radio. In Sr3 I can't do that.

The only problem with Sr2 is that stuttering while you're driving at high speed.

I bought the deepsilver humblebundle last week (paid more than the average ~$6 to get the full SR3 dlc add-on) and I think it was extremely well worth it. Played SR3 a month before at a friend's and had a blast when I did, and right now I'm almost through SR2 with just the Ultor missions left. Despite the short-givings of the pc port (crashes a lot even, prepare to save often), I've spent almost double the time on SR2, especially just doing the random activities. Great times, and the music in SR2 brings me back a few years. Almost 50 hours for both games, and probably a lot more for 6 bucks is definitely a steal.

Since I played SR3 first, and now playing SR2, I can understand the gripes from most people about the lack of replayable content. Even though SR3 increased the zany/lol factor storywise, it took away a lot of the minigames and small nuances that make SR2 great. Overall, I enjoy both, and cant wait to play SR4 sometime later. (Why oh why didn't they bring back the Chainsaw Launcher in SR3! It was a total NO WAY moment as soon as I unlocked it, haha)

The mods available for both games make them even more enjoyable; thanks to the modders for their time and effort.

(Why oh why didn't they bring back the Chainsaw Launcher in SR3! It was a total NO WAY moment as soon as I unlocked it, haha)

The chainsaw launcher was a modded weapon in GotR. ;)

Hahah, no wonder; thanks for that one. Spent 5 minutes just shooting strippers in one of my cribs and watching them freak out with the chainsaws stuck in them until they exploded. Too funny.

I love that gun too. :)

You may be surprised at just how much stuff we managed to cram into the game. I think there was something like 12 weapons added with GotR, 100+ clothing items, all sorts of other junk too like extra cribs, vehicles, etc.

+1 to poking Volition so they take a look at the processor speed and prefetching issues (If they find the source code and have the time).

I'm guessing it would be possible to release a patch using Steam's Beta release functionality so they can just put it out there without having to invest time/money in QA (which usually is the reason patching can be costly). I'm sure the community wouldn't mind betatesting it for them.

It's worth it. You just gotta set it up correctly, and then your SR2 will run smooth.

Sr3 is just boring in comparison, with some mods it's better but far from SR2.
At least for me, I spend hours just driving in Stilwater listening to the ingame radio. In Sr3 I can't do that.

The only problem with Sr2 is that stuttering while you're driving at high speed.

Don't forget about the funnier and cool glitches it has, as well as Easter Eggs that are worth it!

Back