Worth Buying Now or Wait For a Deep Sale?

I think SR3 Remaster was already free before on Epic. But still nice if you got it bundled.

This is literally my first experience with Epic Games, so I wouldn't know. Why would they give away that game for free? lol That's a great deal, obviously.

Although I personally don't have an Epic account apart from using my cousin's one, i do remember the articles about it. I recall them also gaving away the complete Tomb Raider collection, Ghostbusters Remaster and even GTA5. There might be much more titles they given away for free, but those are the ones i can recall. Wouldn't touch it otherwise. But as soon as SR2022 comes out on Steam, i'm getting rid of that launcher and hopefully never have to deal with it again.

Well, since I started the thread, just an update: as I said in my other thread on this page, I had a helluva time getting the game(s) to work with the controller. I got nothing from DS/Plaion or Volition in terms of solutions, even after emailing their customer service. Someone on Reddit finally suggested I try my PS4/PS5 controllers on the game, and that worked, with some tweaks to the settings. The problem is that by the time I got to the point where I could play the games at all, I had literally 30 minutes left on my 2 hour refund window, and Epic customer support wouldn't give me an extension on the play time. Which would have been fine, except that the first few minutes of SR 2022 felt like an awful mess. I hated the targeting, shooting, and it just felt "sloppy" to me. The thing is, it may be fine, and just a matter of getting used to it, but I had such a bad taste in my mouth with Epic's support, not to mention Volition/Plaion's useless tech support, that I wasn't willing to take the chance of accidentally going over 2 hours.

So I refunded the game, and deleted/uninstalled Epic off my computer.

The universe works in mysterious ways, because seconds after I got my refund email from Epic and PayPal, I got an email from Steam that SRTT Remastered is on sale for 65% off, selling for $13.99. Not for anything, but I am snagging that one now. As for SR2022, I will wait for it to launch on Steam, as that is a much better platform, at least from my limited experience with Crapic Games. I am sure I will be able to get 2 hours of actual playing time in 2023, when it comes to Steam. So, sayonara, Epic. That was my first game on that platform, and I strongly suggest it will be my last.

As for SR2022, I will wait for it to launch on Steam
Koch/Plaion threw SRTT:R out on Steam with exactly the same issues that Spera introduced in the first round of patches, nine months previously, without a single meaningful fix.

Don't expect 2022 to hit Steam in a magically improved state. Six and a half weeks after release and they still haven't addressed major showstopper issues, such as co-op corrupting your save. This game is never getting fixed. It's AoM all over again.

Koch/Plaion threw SRTT:R out on Steam with exactly the same issues that Spera introduced in the first round of patches, nine months previously, without a single meaningful fix.

Don't expect 2022 to hit Steam in a magically improved state. Six and a half weeks after release and they still haven't addressed major showstopper issues, such as co-op corrupting your save. This game is never getting fixed. It's AoM all over again.

I absolutely have no expectation of massive improvements. But I know that Steam is a lot better with things like compatibility of controllers and such, and I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that the game will function better on Steam than Epic, is all I was saying.

What blows my mind the most about AoM is that in theory it seems like a great kind of game. If only it wasn't such a shallow game. Hmm...

I bought AoM on Steam a while back, looking for a Volition SR'ish experience. I just found it very boring and abandoned it. It just did nothing for me.

Actually, it did get a patch last year with...unmentioned changes. One of the most noticeable ones is 60 FPS cutscenes.

But yeah, if the OP is still wondering, just wait for Steam release and get it in a big discount as to not disappoint yourself. Yeah, yeah, it'll take a year, but it's better than nothing.

Back