Worth Buying Now or Wait For a Deep Sale?

Also, PC or PS5?

Oddly enough, I don't care about the reviews blasting the game. I absolutely intend to buy it. I would have bought it day 1, ignoring the reviews, but I can't decide on the platform. I REALLY want it on PC, for any future mods, and also, SR just feels right to buy on PC. But I am concerned that the game has been reported as poorly optimized for PC and that it is a lot more buggy than the PS5 or Series versions. Also, my new gaming PC is a high end 17" Omen with a GeForce RTX 3070, which is perfectly good for any game out now, even if some settings might have to be dialed down on the high end games. But with the PC version issues, will this game look or play crappy on my laptop?

I prefer it on PC for all the reasons I stated, but also because I do a lot of gaming at work, since I have a lot of down time, so I always bring my laptop to the office. Obviously I can't play on my PS5 at work. lol

Thoughts?

PS: Since I didn't buy it on day 1, part of me thinks waiting for a sale would be prudent. Also, I am not a fan of Epic Games, and I may want to wait for the Steam version, but that isn't a deal-breaker.

Wait for the GOTY edition. It will be fully patched by then with all the DLC on Steam.

The GOTY edition of Saints Row 4 launched about a year after the original version, so IMO it's definitely worth the wait.

Your computer can definitely play the game. Don't worry about that.

I understand what all of you are saying, but I will say that I really don't want to wait a year to play the game. I mean, sales are great and all, but if I have a choice between paying full price, and waiting a year, I will just suck it up and buy it. Particularly since I really want to play SRTT Remastered, and I would buy the SR22 that comes with that. If it's a matter of a few weeks or a month or two for a sale, then fine, I can wait. But lol definitely not a year.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

So if you really don't want to wait a year... I'd say give it 3 months or so, if you see it drop to $40 it might be the ball park you're looking for? I think I've hit about 60 hours now just futzing around and I've had a great deal of fun, but if I were able to take a step back I'd have maybe been off waiting 2 or 3 months just in case there was a buggy launch.

Again, I'm having a blast, but disappointed things like weapon customization are broken. The $40-30 mark would feel fair in a few months after more fixes? I have to assume EGS will run some kind of promotion at some point within 3 months, almost every new release gets a %15 off promotion within the first quarter.

Reactions: PGA
So if you really don't want to wait a year... I'd say give it 3 months or so, if you see it drop to $40 it might be the ball park you're looking for? I think I've hit about 60 hours now just futzing around and I've had a great deal of fun, but if I were able to take a step back I'd have maybe been off waiting 2 or 3 months just in case there was a buggy launch.

Again, I'm having a blast, but disappointed things like weapon customization are broken. The $40-30 mark would feel fair in a few months after more fixes? I have to assume EGS will run some kind of promotion at some point within 3 months, almost every new release gets a %15 off promotion within the first quarter.

Yeah... my pistol keeps going to it's default colors regularly. Also, my customized clothes also revert to their original colors after just trying out new clothes without actually equip it. So annoying.

Reactions: PGA
Yeah... my pistol keeps going to it's default colors regularly. Also, my customized clothes also revert to their original colors after just trying out new clothes without actually equip it. So annoying.
It's the strangest thing on the guns to me. I've had like 2 or 3 of them keep their customization just fine, and then the rest can't still. I really like the weapon customization system on display, they just gotta fix the saving bug and it'd get a thumbs up from me.

As for the clothes thing, I had that during Hotfix 1, but I'm not getting it on Hotfix 2? I'm also running DX12 which I dunno if that's a factor, but people keep telling me its the most stable version.

I am less concerned about the price than the buggy issues, particularly the PC port being reputed to be more glitchy. I think you guys are right, though. I will wait another month at least, and see if they fix a bunch of the bugs people are complaining about, as I think you guys are offering sage advice. Sad, this is the FIRST SR game I have ever been hesitant about. I love every previous game, from the original 2006 title, all the way through GooH. I still like playing them, though I haven't played the 360 in I don't know how long.

I still have SR2, SRTT (not the remastered), SRV, and GooH on the PC, and they all present fun in sometimes completely different ways.

I am less concerned about the price than the buggy issues, particularly the PC port being reputed to be more glitchy. I think you guys are right, though. I will wait another month at least, and see if they fix a bunch of the bugs people are complaining about, as I think you guys are offering sage advice. Sad, this is the FIRST SR game I have ever been hesitant about. I love every previous game, from the original 2006 title, all the way through GooH. I still like playing them, though I haven't played the 360 in I don't know how long.

I still have SR2, SRTT (not the remastered), SRV, and GooH on the PC, and they all present fun in sometimes completely different ways.

Same, i also own them on Xbox. I just buy them to support volition. To be honest, i haven't even played Gat out of Hell and Agents of Mayhem.

Attachments

• volitionsteam.jpg
    volitionsteam.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 101
Back