Saints Row 2 What's up with the Moon?

Come on guys get back on topic. Yes we all agree the game should be re-ported to the PC, but this post is about the invisible moon in game.
I redone a modified time_of_day_objects.xtbl, added the settings for sun1, moon1 and fake_sun, still nothing can make the moon appear in the skies.

I think the problem about the moon not showing in game is something to do with the image extracted from the skybox files. Either the moon's picture has to be transparent or the alpha color isn't working. I'll try to mess with it later with Photoshop.
moon.tga_0.png

Edit:: That Photoshop edit for the alpha or transparent of the moon didn't work either, grrrr!

Last edited:
I think the problem about the moon not showing in game is something to do with the image extracted from the skybox files. Either the moon's picture has to be transparent or the alpha color isn't working. I'll try to mess with it later with Photoshop.
View attachment 14760

Edit:: That Photoshop edit for the alpha or transparent of the moon didn't work either, grrrr!
In my opinion, you'll have to rebuild the entire skybox_effects.xtbl file to try and get it to work. I could be wrong about this, but you can give it a try.

I know its been 5 years since this topic was made... but there is a way to fix the moon on the sky? on the pc port..

Last edited:
I know its been 5 years since this topic was made... but there is a way to fix the moon on the sky? on the pc port..
Maybe it'll be fixed in the Mega Patch version?

Back