Saints Row: The Third What is up with vehicle gear shifting audio?

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
I do know that if you turn on Cruise Control, it stops constantly shifting...
Not sure if that helps track down the problem.

The way we explained it on the community forums (there were several threads) was that cars in Steelport have a million gears. It's the near future, after all.

It's the way it's set up due to the vehicle engine assets we received. Cruise control is just a single loop, as opposed to the accelerate/decelerate containers.

Disclaimer: I'm at home now so this is purely from memory... On the Wwise side I believe it's a sequence container of random containers with different loops, an onload (low, med, high) and offload (low, med, high). It could be potentially reverted back to SR2 style (constant loop on high) with tweaked assets for the onload_high container and maybe adding the vehicle_velocity RTPC to the random containers. I'll play with it tomorrow to see how feasible it is, I might just be fooling myself.

That said, this would be a per-vehicle change and would require some time commitment for a proper mod... unless there's a fancy code-side solution I don't know about. I don't know how much code access you guys have though.

Sorry for the necro, but I thought there's no point in making yet another topic about this. For some reason this issue really bugs me. I just wanted to ask if a stand-alone mod has been made to fix this as I don't really want any of the GoS content. If not though, does GoS fix it and can I just use the necessary files to fix this without the other stuff, as I noticed "Fix vehicle engine sounds so they don't sound like they infinite gears when they rev even at low speeds" in the notes. Thanks.

Sorry for the necro, but I thought there's no point in making yet another topic about this. For some reason this issue really bugs me. I just wanted to ask if a stand-alone mod has been made to fix this as I don't really want any of the GoS content. If not though, does GoS fix it and can I just use the necessary files to fix this without the other stuff, as I noticed "Fix vehicle engine sounds so they don't sound like they infinite gears when they rev even at low speeds" in the notes. Thanks.

Nobody has ever released a mod to fix that in GoS, or otherwise. Also, GoS is completely modular. You can pick and choose individual mods to install, even if it's only one of them you are interested in.

Thanks for the reply, after opening my eyes and reading properly I can see that "Fix vehicle engine sounds so they don't sound like they infinite gears when they rev even at low speeds" is on the to do list, not features list. I will resign myself to the fact that all my engines will forever be anticlimactic! Good luck btw in your new job, and thanks for still continuing your community support.

Back