What got everyone into saints row?

I got in Saints Row from pretty much the beginning.

My mother owns a shop were she has a lot of magazines, one of them being a gaming magazine. I usually checked those out and one article mentioned Saints Row. I saw pictures of a guy holding a shotgun with a cop car in the back and another one with some dead gang members and me being a real GTA fan knew this was my kind of thing.

But it came only for xbox so I had to do with a walkthrough I checked out and some free roam gameplays.

That changed with the announcement of Saints Row 2, which was announced for PS3 as well. I immediately wanted it.

I will never forget me with my dad entering the store and he buying the game for me. The shop keeper told him it was a game full of violence and I shouldn't be playing it since I was like 12 years old back then, but hell, I've been playing GTA Vice City since i was 8 years old, so my dad bought it for me.

The prison escape mission, breaking Gat out of the courthouse. Just killing all those cops, this game was THE SHIT for me, I literally played it for hours straight. It was fighting the police that kept me playing.

And THAT is how I got hooked up with Saints Row.

Last edited:
Played SR2 years ago, and while it was fun, I forgot about the series until I saw SR3 on sale on Steam and it's got me hooked since then.

a little late,but I got started playing it when it was free on the xbox 360,my friend told me I should get it and I started playing it and it was EPIC!!!! (favorite thing to do:is to get as many gang stars as possible and then kill all the brutes :D)

A friend of mine told me about Saints Row: The Third, so I went to go watch a gameplay trailer. Specifically this one. Well, from then on, I was sold. At the time, Saints Row: The Third looked and was the best game ever. Then Saints Row IV came out. I was a bit skeptical at first, but to this day, Saints Row IV is my most favorite game of all time.

For me the series stayed off my radar until the release of SR3. When I heard about the fact that there was this series where you could create your own custom character instead dealing with the usual one pre-made character rule thats applied to most sandbox games I was interested. So I bought a cheap copy of SR2 and a fresh copy SR3 and I was hooked. After I heard Volition ported over the games to the PC via steam I decided to break out my card, well during the Winter Sale of course.

Last edited:
I actually bought Saints Row the Third because, for some reason, I thought it was the third installment of a game series where you played as a group of angels known as 'Saints Row' and you fought a bunch of demons. I assumed it was going to be crazy, but did I expect it'd be about gangsters and street warfare? No, not at all. Did I expect to have this much crazy customization and the ability to choose male or female? No, not at all. Have I enjoyed it immensely? Hell yes!

Saints Row the Third got me into the series and kept me there.

Saints Row 2 was what got me into the series.

Back in the day, I used to be really into San Andreas. I had beaten the game up and down, and got quite a bit of replay value from it by loading it up with Touhou mods and custom cars, but eventually even that well began to dry up. GTA IV was fun, but it wasn't the same. I needed more San Andreas. Around that time, I read online about this little game called Saints Row 2, that my fellow forum-goers said was like a spiritual successor to San Andreas, only with more crazy, more seriousness, and - gasp - a character creator!? I've always been a sucker for games with customizable player characters (the old WWF games on N64 were some of my favorites) so I ran down to the game store as soon as I could, picked up a used copy of SR2, and it ended up being everything I'd ever wanted in a game. I've been a diehard fan ever since, picking up 3, 4, and GooH on release day, and I've found myself buying and using a lot more purple things in recent years. GTA is hometown, SR is life.

Here's how it went to me last 2 weeks:
I was looking around YouTube, remembered someone said Saints Row has great customisation option, check out 4 on YouTube, awed by it, found it can multiplayer as well, checked out psn, I saw it's only 20 bucks on us psn, bought it immediately. Two days later, I upgrade my 4 to full dlc and purchased 3 full pack.

Yes, I'm a gta fan and have been influenced by the skeptics and saw saints Row negatively. Now I feel bad about it.

Back