What got everyone into saints row?

Well for me personally, i was with my birth mom(yes im adopted, but i am allowed to see her), who is also a huge fan of saints row, and i asked her what games she has on her xbox360. then she introduced me to saints row 2. and within minutes, i was having fun, busting ronin, the brotherhood, etc. so what i wanna know. what got everyone into saints row? (heh, rhymed)

The Freelance Astronauts. I watched their stuff back when they were still active and playing games. I loved the Vice City playthu complete with the flying tank.. and then saw this "Saints Row 2" thing.
After binging on the videos and laughing myself sick I went and got SR2 for PC.. and bad port or not I loved the game. When SR3 came out I got it shortly after (on a retail dvd because I didn't want to buy via Steam at the time, which turned out to be a Steam copy anyways but with physical install disk, heh)

I got SR2 as an addon to a gaming magazine. Since then, I've been a SR fan. :) Then, I bought SR3 in its special edition and now I'm waiting for SR4 to release.

Watched a couple of game play videos of SR3. Which made me think it would fill a void left behind due to a lack of truly insane games in recent years, so I picked it up. Needless to say it delivered. I then picked up SR2 shortly after beating SR3. Been keeping an eye on the series ever since.

I just looked for games like GTA and searching brought me to Saints Row 2. I bought it and I really liked it. Then mate showed me IdolNinja's site and I downloaded GotR. :) After happy adventure with SR2 and GotR, I decided to buy SR3. Then I became a huge fan of SR... :D

For me, it actually started with the first Saints Row back when my friend had a functioning Xbox 360. We had a lot of fun shooting shit up in Stilwater on the same rainy weekend he got it back in 2007. I knew it was only a GTA:SA clone with some improvements that beat Rockstar to the punch on the 360, but I was honestly curious if there was going to be more. Then I watched Angry Joe's review of SR2, and I thought, "Okay, I'll get it for the PC next chance I get!" Then, I bought it with a slew of other games when I first made my Steam account. The rest is history.

When I purchased Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Steam recommended that I also buy Saints Row 2.
And it started... [cue epic Saints Row music]

Last edited:
My first experience with Saints Row was back in I think 2006 or 2007, I owned a 360 but this was back before a ton of good games were out for it, I still remember being excited for Crackdown and keeping an eye on the dev forums for that to see info about it. I've been a GTA fan since the first one and San Andreas was awesome. Somewhere along the line I heard that a game called Saint's Row was coming out on the 360 that was just like GTA, and I was like "Eh, I'll try the demo when it comes out I guess". Well, I tried the demo, and I think I went to Gamestop shortly after to place a preorder or trade in games for it or something. Since then I've been getting each game on the day it comes out and I've owned SR2 and 3 on PC and Xbox 360, and will own SR4 on the PC.

I really don't remember what made me search for SR2, but, and you guys won't believe this, I know that I've bought it because of its cover. The game had what looked like Tupac holding two weapons and a motherfucker looking like Biggie Smallz. That shit was awesome.

THQ Humble Bundle, my brother recommend me to get it for Saints Row 3. Paid like $10 for the pack and end up playing for 100 hours, felt like I just robbed THQ.

Back