What do you think about the Boss of the Third Street Saints? *Spoiler alert!*

We all love the boss! But do you want...

• Total voters
You know, the way you mention the boss really changed the perspective for me. I don't play as a female. And Saints Row (the first one) is still canon actually. Does it really give him the privilege to not be mentioned about it? I know in SR1 he's not the boss, and I'm not sure if he's mute or not but the wiki mentions it.

Volition said way back when SR2 was released that a female Boss, if you so choose, is a retcon. If she is female in SR2 then she was always female.
Unless you want to roleplay a transsexual, then you can say that too.

This makes me wonder that, if you're gonna go stereotyping about it, you'd think it would actually make sense that the boss an asshole in SR2 if he was a male, you know?

There are women assholes aplenty, you know. Not something one usually talks of when speaking of equality, but it's true.

Anyway, you also got the choice at the end of SR TT of whether to go back to being a badass or continue being a corporate bitch, but Volition made the choice for us...

The choice was biased as shit, because what the boss really wants is to help his best lieutenants and beat his enemies up. What was the choice in SR3? You save your homies, and be an advert and movie bitch. Or you can go and kill Killbane, that little pussy, yet your homies die. That choice is more about being totally careless, stupid, egoistical and self-centered (if the word self-goaled exists, that too) actually.

Volition said way back when SR2 was released that a female Boss, if you so choose, is a retcon. If she is female in SR2 then she was always female.

Retcon? What is that?

There are women assholes aplenty, you know. Not something one usually talks of when speaking of equality, but it's true.

I was talking about psychopathic, murdering women and such, not those that scream at you all day, wish for drugs, want to fuck you literally and so on.

Retcon? What is that?

Short for retroactive continuity, it means an element added to a story later on was always true in the story even if it conflicts with what came before.
Like, say, Obi-Wan Kenobi being trained by Liam Neeson instead of Yoda in Star Wars.

I was talking about psychopathic, murdering women and such, not those that scream at you all day, wish for drugs, want to fuck you literally and so on.

Of which there are, as well. Men do not have the monopoly on sociopathy..

I see the Saints Row universe in the retcon way because I played Saints Row 2 first. She'll always be a woman who's daddy said "You can never have enough guns".
As for her personality I can't really vote because I value the humour and clueless, derpy moments and the smart, collected, calculating sociopathic moments too.
Nice bit of Duality. Maybe it's why Nathan Drake is so popular, datt guy is such a puckish rogue, always on hand with a one liner or some sarcasm....who kills MANY people everytime he pursues a relic. But we forget all the murdering because he made us chuckle along the way.

I loved that sociopath (SR2) but with an element of errr, dare I say 'comedy', from the softer-side we are presented in SR3 and a bit of SR4. It stopped the Playa feeling stagnant in my boat.

I'm the one and only person who plays SR2 and SR3, and if I get SR4 then SR4 as a male?

No you're not. I've only ever played as a male character too, because I want to and can.

Most of users play as both just for the gender equality achievement alone...

I played as Bruce Willis. xD That was so much fun. But yes, when I first played Saints Row 2, I created a female char. It was just never done, having a female gang leader who w

You know, the way you mention the boss really changed the perspective for me. I don't play as a female. And Saints Row (the first one) is still canon actually. Does it really give him the privilege to not be mentioned about it? I know in SR1 he's not the boss, and I'm not sure if he's mute or not but the wiki mentions it.

This makes me wonder that, if you're gonna go stereotyping about it, you'd think it would actually make sense that the boss an asshole in SR2 if he was a male, you know?

I didn't play SR4, but didn't you have the choice to kill cancer or/and feed the poor? As well as punch some guy. Though those choices mean nothing at all.

Well, I only display the boss how she is to me. You can all make up your own story around the boss. That's one of the fun things about the game, I suppose. But in SR1, the boss wasn't a mute. The boss was just to scared to say anything. That is the canon reason. (Canon would mean that it's true due to the developers.)

And yes, I feel the game is rather different when you play as a male or female.

And you didn't play SR IV?! Shit, I am SO sorry for spoiling a lot of things for you!!! But you should definately play it!

Added: I don't understand some choices Volition made with the story actually.. Well, with the beginning anyway. Why were the saints involved with stopping Cyrus to blow up Washington? At the end of Saints Row: TT, the boss clearly said (In the save shaundi ending) "Let's go back to Stillwater." I wish they kinda went with that. Saints Row IV is a pretty solid story otherwise.

But I really hope they will do a reboot with Saints Row V. Because of the machine they get at the end they can reboot it. Perhaps it could overload, sending the boss back to the start of Saints Row 1 where you can do things differently or something.. I dunno. But I just hope they will bring back the alive city of Stillwater, add a ton of activities (new and old) and the dark, comical storyline where you start as a Saint and work your way up the chain. Reset the boss, and add choices that could develop the boss in the way you want the boss to become.
I just hope they will at least use one canon ending that pretty much stays the same. Either Julius blows you up because you took the bad choices and became the sociopath he feared, or he blows you up because you were about to surpass him and he couldn't handle that. But at least they can continue with the fact that Julius blew you up.

But that was an example. Even if they do come with a new story, I would still love to see this sort of thing and develop your own boss. If Volition can do that, Saints Row will surpass a lot of games. Add a new, better, beautiful engine, a ton of activities, a live city with a lot of other things to do or explore, a big multi player mode and a better co-op where the host is the main player in cutscenes and the 2nd player also plays a part in those cutscenes. =P Okay, wrong post and off topic, but... It would change the boss to how you like them to be. That would be epic. And fun. :D

Last edited:
Back