What do you think about the Boss of the Third Street Saints? *Spoiler alert!*

We all love the boss! But do you want...

• Total voters
Yes, there is a lot of discussion about the Boss and the way they are going, changing and how they rule the gang. So I thought it was fun to add a poll.

And a speacial thread about talking about the Boss.

So I'll just start with my opinion. I like the boss. She (for me) was dark in Saints Row 2 and mostly pissed about Julius blowing her up after using her. She is a sociopathic power hungry bitch that wants to rule Stillwater. She thinks it's her town. Wether she just gets high on power, or if she just wants to rule the city to keep its people save, is up to you I guess. I like to think the latter for my character. Even though she lets anger control her to much.

In Saints Row 3 it gets less after her power trip gets Johnny killed in a way, so she calms down. Going with the canon ending here, she actually put her own revenge feelings aside for Killbane at the end to save her homies.

In Saints Row 4, she becomes the ultimate power, the President of the U.S. But gets thrown in the Dominatrix to be broken where she is faced with past events, and she learns how people see her. A dangerous sociopathic madwoman. So she changes more and becomes more softer. Towards her friends mostly. She never gets softer towards her enemies.

I personally like that change. But others will probably dissagree, as you could notice in other threads. ^^

Last edited:
I don't know which one to select,but I like that kind of boss that is a sociopath but at the same time loyal to his friends.

Should have made a third option. =P Sorry.

I would secretly love to see the boss turn into some sort of hero... >.> Though still enjoying killing enemy gangs.

Last edited:
You should have added "One where I choose who he/she/it is", now that would be great!

I love the softer Boss.
Maybe because I'm an adult woman and I'm not into very bad guys.

Anyway, even the softer Boss is sociopath and power-hunger. I think that he become softer because he was a lonely man, and during his experiences with his crew, he discovered that somebody cared about him, and the Boss himself cared about others. In fact, even when he was 100% evil, he was loyal to his friends, and suffered when someone of them died or betrayed him.
Also, getting loved by the world made him softer because, maybe he was in search of love. Is clear that he still like to be powerful.

Still, he comes from the street, so I don't think he will become a good guy, because he is used to fight, and after all, he still likes it.

You should have added "One where I choose who he/she/it is", now that would be great!

That would be AWESOME! Mass Effect style, where you become Renegade or Paragon. I wished they put more like that in Saints Row. You had some moral choises in Saints Row: TT, but almost none in Saint Row IV. But perhaps with the next gem stuff, Volition can branch out with Saints Row and make it more into an RPG with different endings to missions, but one ending to the overal game in case they go with Saints Row 5. I kinda dislike it when you have different endings, and for the next game, the developers choose the ending. It's almost like "Well, sure. You chose that ending, but.. we don't really care. We go with this one.".

Especially with a game with so much customisation.

I'll just say one thing, every time my Boss declared herself a "puckish rogue", I wanted to reach my arms into the monitor and strangle her.
Having the option to have her not say things like that would be most welcome.

As for what personality I prefer, I go with the socopath. If only because it was more interesting to me to see the Boss curse Julius for his betrayal only to prove everything he said right, and justify why he did what he did. Back then in SR2 I was sure the Boss would end up the big bad of the next game, and the Saints turned into a juggernaut that the next main character would have to take down.

Instead they turned the Boss into a superhero. Not what I would've done, and to me it feels like a new character anyway, just one they tacked the Boss' history onto.

She's the best character ever created... lul.

The current President has more personality and the voice acting is better, but... not taking shit from anyone, willing to let his own people die for the sake of the gang, yeah, I liked the badass from SR2 more.

You know, the way you mention the boss really changed the perspective for me. I don't play as a female. And Saints Row (the first one) is still canon actually. Does it really give him the privilege to not be mentioned about it? I know in SR1 he's not the boss, and I'm not sure if he's mute or not but the wiki mentions it.

This makes me wonder that, if you're gonna go stereotyping about it, you'd think it would actually make sense that the boss an asshole in SR2 if he was a male, you know?

I didn't play SR4, but didn't you have the choice to kill cancer or/and feed the poor? As well as punch some guy. Though those choices mean nothing at all.

She's the best character ever created. Ever.

Hey! I saw you edit that!

You know, the way you mention the boss really changed the perspective for me. I don't play as a female. And Saints Row (the first one) is still canon actually. Does it really give him the privilege to not be mentioned about it? I know in SR1 he's not the boss, and I'm not sure if he's mute or not but the wiki mentions it.

This makes me wonder that, if you're gonna go stereotyping about it, you'd think it would actually make sense that the boss an asshole in SR2 if he was a male, you know?

I didn't play SR4, but didn't you have the choice to kill cancer or/and feed the poor? As well as punch some guy. Though those choices mean nothing at all.

I always edit posts 3 or 4 times after posting them. Bad habit.

Anyway, you also got the choice at the end of SR TT of whether to go back to being a badass or continue being a corporate bitch, but Volition made the choice for us...

Back