Volition has become part of Gearbox Software

More details.

"reception of Saints Row did not meet the full expectations ...

"Financially, Saints Row has performed in line with management expectations in the quarter...

"Gearbox...has all the tools, including an experienced management team in the US, to create future success at Volition"

Sounds like work culture differences between Deep Silver, (German) and Volition (American) may have been part of the motivation for reallocation.

Linked-in doesn't appear to suggest a wave of staff redundancies thus far, which you'd expect if Volition was about to be turned into a support studio.

Definitely a wait-and-see moment, but 'Aliens Colonial Marines' Gearbox is not a company I'd want, looking over my shoulder.

On one hand I'm glad Volition is finally free from DS' incompetence, on the other I worry that GB might not be much better. Randy Pitchfork is an Epic shill too and likes to misrepresent numbers, and the dialogue in the trailer for the new Telltale Borderlands game made me cringe harder than anything in the reboot. Didn't play BL3 but that one is said to have cringe dialogue too. At least SR6 will have actual marketing.

At least SR6 will have actual marketing.
I suspect you're getting ahead of yourself there.

Let's see if they've not been renamed Gearbox Illinois in the run up to year end, before presuming that they'll be trusted with another product from their own franchise catalogue.

man. dunno whether to cry or laugh
"Gearbox...has all the tools, including an experienced management team in the US, to create future success at Volition"
although this is definitely a guaranteed lol

After hearing a little bit more information about the transfer. This is actually good for Volition, they now have access to a larger team and bigger budget (on top of gearbox's marketing techniques) I think this will definitely be the start of a "brighter future and a better life" for Volition to say the least. 😅

Back