VivaVolition_Banner.png

Earlier this year, in August 2023, Volition closed it's doors for the last time.
Rather than dwelling on the circumstances, I wanted to make some kind of mod to pay tribute to our favorite video game developers of the last 30 years.
This is what I came up with:

The Viva Volition Texture Pack!

Before continuing, here is an "article" I wrote for the in-game newspaper texture as a tribute to Volition:
VV_NewspaperTribute_1024x1024.png

NEW TAGS!:
(Also available as a standalone download.)
These new Tags use the concept art for Saints Row 2's introductory splashscreen!
VV_SplashscreenConceptTags_Preview.png

New guides (green outline/red fail zone) have also been made to fit the new tags.
Completing these tags will earn you twice the respect of the vanilla tags!
For those who want to stay loyal to the purple brand, I have made optional purple variants of some of the tags. (The original artwork will still be visable in the selection menu).
I have also included a specialized version of my "Easier Tagging For Mouse Users" mod for use with these tags. (Optional)

CONCEPT ART FOR CRIBS!
All Cribs now feature Saints Row 2 concept art on the walls, replacing the old paintings. I have also made some of my own custom tribute textures.
VV_SaintsHQ_Stg1.pngVV_SaintsHQ_Stg2.pngVV_SoS.pngVV_SoS_Base.pngVV_RedLightLoft_Avg.pngVV_RedLightLoft_Pimp.pngVV_PenthouseLoft_Pimp_Posiedon.pngVV_PenthouseLoft_Pimp_Office.pngVV_Lighthouse_Avg.pngVV_Lighthouse_Avg_TrailerPark.pngVV_Hotel_Avg.pngVV_Hotel_Pimp.pngVV_UniLoft_GatHouse.pngVV_UniClubs.pngVV_UniLoft_Pimp_VolitionLogos.png
VV_RedLightLoft_BaldingGat.png

In addition to Cribs, some other areas have also recieved new textures.
These are: The Police Station in Saints Row, Brotherhood HQ, Tee N' Ay (Exterior), Prison Interior (Offices).
VV_BrohoodHQConceptArt.png

I have also added a handful of Easter Eggs! Can you find them all?
VV_PolStn_BadassDev.pngVV_PolStn_Wanted.pngVV_PolStn_Tribute.pngVV_TheCatIsBack!.pngVV_IdolNinja&Genki.pngVV_GamesCabinet.pngVV_PrisonWhiteboard.pngVV_UnreleasedArtbook.pngVV_SaintsHQ_Stg1_Table.pngVV_CancelledGameCarts.pngVV_CollectableCD_SR5.pngVV_BooneGnome.png
Images of Developers taken from videos on Volition's Youtube channel. If you would like your image removed for any reason, please contact me through this site.

NEW PROP TEXTURES!:

Some props have received HQ texture redesigns relating to Volition.
These Are:​
Acoustic Guitar (3 Options)​
Collectable CD (2 Options)​
Flyers (2 Options)​
Laptop (2 Options)​
Matt's Guitar (Cutscene)​
Newspaper​
Protest Signs (2 Options)​
Beer Can (Saints Flow)​
Skateboard (Phoney Hawk)​
Umbrella (Volition Logos)​

VV_Guitar.pngVV_FlyersBooneInd.pngVV_OfficialVolitionRecruitmentPosters.pngVV_Laptop.pngVV_TributeGuitar1.pngVV_TributeGuitar2.pngVV_TributeGuitar3.pngVV_TributeGuitar4.pngVV_Pro.pngVV_ProBooneInd.pngVV_Umbrella.png
VV_SkateboardDeck_(PhoneyHawk).pngVV_NewspaperTribute_1024x1024.png
"Be The V" recruitment poster by John Anderson Design.

ISSUES:
Teleporting between cribs via Sandbox+/Sandbox++ can occasionally result in some artwork from other cribs incorrectly showing in place of what should be there. It is recommended you travel between cribs via the open world to minimise the chances of this happening.
Due to using higher quality textures, this mod may or may not work well with other texture mods (such as Masamaru's "HQ Texture Pack"). If you notice textures are being replaced with bright blue & purple, I recommend removing some HQ prop textures from your patch.vpp_pc until the issue is resolved.

INSTALLATION:
7zip is required to unpack the folder once downloaded.

(Via Gentlemen Of The Row) (Recommended):

1. COPY the desired files provided by this mod.​
2. PASTE into "Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE".​
3. Rebuild your Gentlemen Of The Row custom patch by double-clicking "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat" and following the instructions.​
4. Move the newly created contents of "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH" into your Saints Row 2 root folder (Where SR2_pc.exe is located.).​
5. Launch Saint's Row 2 and enjoy the new textures!​

(via SR2ModManager):

1. Create a new folder and name it "Viva Volition!".​
2. COPY all desired files provided by this mod into the folder you just created.​
3. COPY/CUT the folder you just created and PASTE into "SR2ModManager_v2.07\mods".​
4. Run "SR2ModManager.exe" and check the folder you just copied over.​
5. Compile your "patch.vpp_pc" and move it from "SR2ModManager_v2.07\patch_vpp_pc_new" into your Saint's Row 2 root directory (Where SR2_pc.exe is located).​
6. Launch Saint's Row 2 and enjoy the new textures!​

UNINSTALLER: (for Gentlemen Of The Row)

WARNING: NEVER blindly run a .bat file you downloaded from the internet! This batch file is safe, but don't take my word for it. Open it in Notepad first, and make sure it won't delete anything from your system you don't want it to.

1. Place "UNINSTALLER (Viva Volition!).bat" into your GotR "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder and run it.​
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.​
3. Once finished, move it back into your Viva Volition! "Uninstaller" folder.​

ARTWORK/IMAGE SOURCES:
Volition's Official Tumblr
ModDB
Moby Games
Volition's Youtube Channel

CREDITS:
Volition: For 30 years of delivering kick-ass video games for wannabe gangstas worldwide, Thank You!
Saints Row 2 Concept Artists:
Steve Holt​
James Holland​
Jose Vazquez​
"SR2PegTool" by Masamaru: Used for unpacking/repacking textures.
Mike Watson (IdolNinja): I never knew Mike in any kind of personal capacity, but it is abundantly clear how well respected and loved he is by both the Saints Row modding community and Volition. His work on Gentlemen Of The Row has allowed people like me to make mods like this, and has enabled me to learn more about video game development. For this reason he will always be credited on my mods. Rest In Peace.

Unzipped Folder Size (Full Mod): 186 MB
Unzipped Folder Size (Tags - Standalone): 10.7 MB

Attachments

• Viva Volition! - Texture Pack v1.0.7z
    60.2 MB · Views: 151
  • Viva Volition! - Tags (Standalone Download) v1.0.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back