Ultor-gun |Feedback

As many of you already know, we'll soon be able to add new weapons to SRTT!
So I already started modeling in order to be prepared when the tools arrive. Well, I just finished my first design and I'd really appreciate if you could give me some feedback.
right_sided.png left-sided.png left_behind.png left.png right.png
What this gun should basically do is a VFX-animation that makes surrounding enemys drop their weapons... But that's not absolutely sure yet. Feel free to leave a suggestion :D

UPDATE: It turned out that the model had way too many polygons and the textures' resolution was too high. So I spent the whole weekend refining my mesh. More accurately, I decreased the polycount to 2665. Moreover I added a normal map and a specular map in order to regain detail.Also I baked ambient occlusion.

The renders beneath should give you an idea how the gun's going to look like ingame.
Render1.png Render2.png Render3.png Render4.png
Please let me know if you like the changes. :D

UPDATE: Due to "technical difficulties" I had to create my gun from scratch again. However, in my opinion, it turned out even better this time! Here are some renders I just made.
UltorRifle_1.png UltorRifle_2.png UltorRifle_3.png UltorRifle_4.png
I guess it looks more like an Ultor rifle now. Anyways, leave a comment and let me know which design you liked better!

Last edited:
That is awesome as hell. I love the Dane Vogel cassette tape. :D

That is awesome as hell. I love the Dane Vogel cassette tape. :D

Yeah, that's because it should "shoot" quotes of Vogel :) By the way, I'm pretty new to SR modding and I'd like to know if we've got access to SR 2's cutscenes? Because I need some of Dane's audio...

Yeah, that's because it should "shoot" quotes of Vogel :) By the way, I'm pretty new to SR modding and I'd like to know if we've got access to SR 2's cutscenes? Because I need some of Dane's audio...

We do, but it's janky as hell. The tool doesn't work quite right so the output audio has a kind of minor phase effect on it. It makes it kind of useless for stuff like this. I'm hoping that we eventually get that all sorted with Volition now on board though. Here's where it was left off a couple years back on the Xentax forums:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4391&sid=4507c39030ed38742d6fd3eb2e21dfd8

Looks terrific! Will it come in different variations? I'd love to play Gat's one-liners at full volume to make enemies flee in terror.

I thought about a "forgive & forget"-variation, but your idea isn't bad either.... Altough a Gat-gun should kill the target immediately :D

I'm sorry I don't really understand what you want to tell me... :/

When you extract the Dane Vogel sounds Idol was talking about the tool produces some minor distortion. What I was trying to say is that you shouldn't worry about the distortion since the quotes are being fired out of a megaphone :). Nice work on the model, by the way

When you extract the Dane Vogel sounds Idol was talking about the tool produces some minor distortion. What I was trying to say is that you shouldn't worry about the distortion since the quotes are being fired out of a megaphone :). Nice work on the model, by the way

Oh, I got it ;)
The tool sounds like it fits my needs but I couldn't find the xwb files, yet....
Unfortunately, I'll have to edit big parts of the model, because it has about twice as much polygons as an average SRTT weapon. Then I'm probably going to refine the textures, adding additional detail via normalmaps etc. The next step would be waiting for the tools to release and then I'll have a closer look at VFX and audio.
Meanwhile, I'll work on other weaponmodels :D

Back