Ultor Assassin Costume Mod - Decker style

There is another issue with this costume (both, the original and the custom one). The neck does not properly attach to the suit as you can see through the model just where the neck joins into the suit. This becomes more apparent when the character is in crouching position. As for graphic bugs this is one that once it has been seen cannot be unseen, therefore ruining the suit quite a bit.

Yes, I had noticed that empty space between the neck and the suit. I think it is the only flaw regarding Cypher.

As for the player costume, the mesh is both incomplete in some areas, and messed up in the gun area.

I have uploaded an image highlighting problem areas. Player images at the top, and Cypher at bottom, excepted for the motorbike picture.

You will notice that the ultor sign does not seem to have a mesh definition in the player model, while it is clearly part of the mesh for Cypher.

Also, Cypher does have some side straps that are missing in the case of the player.

And of course, the gun and holster hanging on straps is quite messed up in the case of the player.

Fortunately, I had begun this modding with the intent of changing Cypher's look, I had not even checked the player costume files at first. Even now, knowing all those differences, it does not bother me all that much when my character wears the suit.

differences.jpg

The costume itself is quite decent and one of the few I really like in the game...lookwise. I have been rolling with this suit since I bought the DLC but now that I have seen its flaws I am quite disappointed at the poor job the devs did on that one (but nevertheless charge money for it). Quite the feat...But maybe I am just angry because I have to use the (mildly) gimped german SRTT built and this DLC didn't do much to cheer me up.

its a nice reskin but it likes to fuck up my saints row for some reason anyway you could fix this

There are 2 kinds of files in this mod: .str2_pc file (those are texture files) and .asm_pc files (the game does use them to load correctly the texture files)

I doubt the texture files are your problem, and if they are, I don't know how to fix it.

The culprit are probably the .asm_pc files. And they probably cause problems because you are using other mods which do require the same .asm_pc files.

I have only one solution for you in this case, a tool I wrote to help make different mods cohabit together. See:

https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-asm_pc-files-updater.1561/

A new version of Gentlemen of Steelport compilation will be coming soon, with a graphical interface, and will contain this mod. So you can always wait for this, if you cant make this mod work on your system in the short term.

Thank you gameqube for taking the time using your excellent artistic talent in creating this Ultor Assassin Costume mod texture.:D
Are there any other costumes or clothes you may consider retexturing ?
Keep up the good work.:cool:

:D May I have your permission to make a version of the Ultor Assassin Costume based on your mod ?

Thanks man, your artwork and mods are outstanding.:cool:
ultrblthmbsup.png

Excellent work! If I didn't know otherwise, I could easily believe your recoloured cypher was a member of the Decker gang when the game was realeased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back