Trouble with Co-Op

Here's the issue, a friend and I decided to play saints row 2 again, and we installed in via steam, we can connect through co-op fine, but when we both install Gentlemen of the row v1.9, both using default install options, we can no longer connect to each other, or see other games in co-op, I have tried searching for an answer but have yet to find one, can anyone provide some assistance please?

That's the first time I've ever heard of that issue. GotR simply doesn't work that way where it would affect the ability to see coop games. That has historically been an issue with exe compatibility which the mod doesn't touch.

I'm supposing that you tried to revert back to vanilla and are able to toggle this symptom back and forth? I would also suggest first verifying integrity for both players on Steam, and then redownloading and reinstalling GotR in case the download was corrupt in some way. Make sure that both players are extracting the GotR archive with 7zip or winrar and not winzip which often has problems correctly extracting the folder hierarchy correctly.

Yes we both reverted back to vanilla, and were again able to see co-op games. We both used Winrar to extract, only other thing we noticed is when one person tries to search for co-op games, when typing in the name, and hitting enter, the box remains blank. We will both re-download GotR and verify integrity and post back the results. Thanks for the advice.

Back