SPOILERS The Traitor

Trying to understand the whole lore behind Keith's betrayal on my own is making my head hurt.

What was so special about the Boss getting their ass kicked that it made the believed restoration of Earth less valuable?

Or he simply realized Zinyak was a lying bastard and changed his mind - I never gave it a second thought, it was fitting, I guess.
To be honest, there are bigger plot-holes but story ain't SRIV's main selling point :)

In the game Kinzie and others keep comparing him to Julius as an inside-joke, partly because Keith David was the voice actor of the former... so his treason is a reference to that: Keith David proving them right. He's just like Julius.

His change of heart on the other hand is a reference to Star Wars. If you look closely, his "superpowered" outfit looks a lot like Lando Calrisson's:

lando_calrissian_billy_dee_williams_01.jpg

And his whole simulation mission is a reference to the movie "They Live" pretty much:

With some Requiem for a Dream references thrown in between.

Huh, I never got the Lando betrayal angle until now. That's awesome.

In the game Kinzie and others keep comparing him to Julius as an inside-joke, partly because Keith David was the voice actor of the former... so his treason is a reference to that: Keith David proving them right. He's just like Julius.

His change of heart on the other hand is a reference to Star Wars. If you look closely, his "superpowered" outfit looks a lot like Lando Calrisson's:

lando_calrissian_billy_dee_williams_01.jpg

And his whole simulation mission is a reference to the movie "They Live" pretty much:

With some Requiem for a Dream references thrown in between.
I've played through the whole game and I get your thoughts on the "They Live" and "Lando" references, but where did you see anything from "Requiem"? I didn't notice any of that.

I've played through the whole game and I get your thoughts on the "They Live" and "Lando" references, but where did you see anything from "Requiem"? I didn't notice any of that.

When you play as female voice 2 (the french-sounding one) and enter Keith David's simulation she says something along the lines of: "Everything will be fine as long as I'm not forced to do an ass-to-ass scene".

In the movie Requiem for a Dream there's literally an iconic ass-to-ass scene... and yes, Keith David's character in that movie is partly responsible for that scene happening.

I personally thought it was a very subtle and clever reference, though now I know its exclusive to... female-runs in general? I dunno, but at least I can confirm Female Voice 2 references that movie.

Last edited:
Keith David as a character has no place in this game or any game. No. Fucking. Place.

If they really wanted his voice in the game they should have just resurrected Julius or something, it would make bout as much sense as Johnny being back as well.

Better yet, they could have made him one of the boss voices.

Keith David as a character has no place in this game or any game. No. Fucking. Place.

If they really wanted his voice in the game they should have just resurrected Julius or something, it would make bout as much sense as Johnny being back as well.

Better yet, they could have made him one of the boss voices.
Except Gat didn't die, Julius did. What we have in Sr4 is a projection of Julius in SR4.

What I don't get is why Keith David is nowhere to be found during the finale. After you rescue him from his simulation with Piper, the next time he's seen is during the dancing cutscene. If you get the extended ending where the Saints discover time travel, he doesn't do anything. I can understand the boss not doing anything because everyone's boss looks different, but why didn't Keith do anything?

Back