Strings/items_inventory not loading

I'm currently trying to add proper strings and an icon to my existing skateboard mod, but I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong: It seems neither the localisation files nor items_inventory.xtbl are being parsed even though I'm certain I use the newest beta build available as the other features/fixes of version 569836 work just fine. Am I missing something here? Maybe I've got to include another *.asm named in a specific way?
I attached two packfiles below - one only adding a *.le_strings file, the other one adding a new inventory item as well (which results in a crash). Maybe you can find something odd. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• skateboard_mod+strings.vpp_pc
    1.7 MB · Views: 516
  • skateboard_mod+itemsInv.vpp_pc
    1.7 MB · Views: 526
Localization is me for sure. I've got that fixed with your example mod(thanks again). Looking into inventory items now.

Yep, inventory items was my fault too. I'm making a new build now to fix these two.

This should be fixed with build 570444.

Thanks for helping me out. Strangely enough, even though inventory_items is working now, localization files still aren't.

What string where? Is it in the store?

What string where? Is it in the store?
Having installed the skateboard_mod+strings.vpp_pc I attached above I still get blank space wherever I referenced the contents of customize_us.le_strings in my *.xtbls. This means, the strings for my skateboard costume are neither displayed in stores nor in the radial weapon inventory. Have some screenshots.
inventory_screenshot.jpg store_screenshot_1.jpg store_screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so this is a problem where the items store off the localization before the main menu. I had to swap the loading order so we process the localization files before the items. Fixed in the next build(yet again).

Back