Strings/items_inventory not loading

Discussion in 'Fixed bugs' started by flow754, Mar 28, 2015.

1. flow754

flow754 Modding patch tester

I'm currently trying to add proper strings and an icon to my existing skateboard mod, but I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong: It seems neither the localisation files nor items_inventory.xtbl are being parsed even though I'm certain I use the newest beta build available as the other features/fixes of version 569836 work just fine. Am I missing something here? Maybe I've got to include another *.asm named in a specific way?
    I attached two packfiles below - one only adding a *.le_strings file, the other one adding a new inventory item as well (which results in a crash). Maybe you can find something odd. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. [V] Knobby

[V] Knobby Volition Staff

Localization is me for sure. I've got that fixed with your example mod(thanks again). Looking into inventory items now.

3. [V] Knobby

Yep, inventory items was my fault too. I'm making a new build now to fix these two.

4. [V] Knobby

This should be fixed with build 570444.

5. flow754

Thanks for helping me out. Strangely enough, even though inventory_items is working now, localization files still aren't.

6. [V] Knobby

What string where? Is it in the store?

7. flow754

Having installed the skateboard_mod+strings.vpp_pc I attached above I still get blank space wherever I referenced the contents of customize_us.le_strings in my *.xtbls. This means, the strings for my skateboard costume are neither displayed in stores nor in the radial weapon inventory. Have some screenshots.
    inventory_screenshot.jpg store_screenshot_1.jpg store_screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    [V] Knobby likes this.
  8. [V] Knobby

Ok, so this is a problem where the items store off the localization before the main menu. I had to swap the loading order so we process the localization files before the items. Fixed in the next build(yet again).

flow754 likes this.
  9. [V] Knobby

This build is up now, build #572233.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice