Steve's height mod

do i need to install somethine to open notepad of character_definitions?

If you don't know how to use Notepad to edit simple text files then I don't think there's much hope for you ever actually modding something.

Each entry in character_definitions.xtbl has a <Variation> tag following the <Height> one. Variation should be the amount of height difference an npc can randomly spawn with both below and above their Height setting. Though I haven't tried it myself, a value somewhere around 0.2 or 0.3 would probably give you enough variation to make things interesting. Naturally you can increase that value if you want some huge differences .6 or .7 or so would probably spawn midgets and giants and everything in between.

If you do test it out, let us know your findings.
In what packfile do i find this "character_definitions.xtbl"

where can i use the heights.. is it in the character costumization..?

nice mod.. if this page has a mo rating i will RATE this 5 STARS... AMAZING

Steve did some interesting, but extraneous, things to get his mod working. There is actually an extremely simple solution that does the exact same thing, but with only a small single value change in one file.

* Throw out his mod completely and grab a fresh character_definitions.xtbl file.

* Find the StyleTest_PC entry and only change this one entry:
<Height>1.0</Height>

I did some math and found the values that should match exactly with his height mods (I tested them and compared screenshots to his to confirm) :
<Height>0.75</Height> Child
<Height>0.85</Height> Teen
<Height>0.90</Height> Female
<Height>1.15</Height> Brute

NOTE: His male version had no change

I believe that the entry below StyleTest_PC named StyleTest_PC_MP2 is for your coop partner, so if you want them to be the same height as you simply change the height value there as well.

Uzi, you should be able to simply apply this value change to whatever custom mod you are trying to use like GPO or Gandalf's one and make it work.
I got a problem, i set the height to 1.28,the character was very tall when she stood on the ground, but when she got into the car, her height changed back to the original one. How to fix it?

I got a problem, i set the height to 1.28,the character was very tall when she stood on the ground, but when she got into the car, her height changed back to the original one. How to fix it?

This isn't broken, the game checks for scale when you enter vehicles to prevent weird issues eg. clipping and so resets the character scales back to default when the get in, it does the same for followers. As you already mentioned, they return back to the edited values when they exit. The only way I know to keep the size in a vehicle is to turn on the Giant cheat through Gentlemen of Steelport, that scale does not change when the player enters vehicles, however it does not affect followers and I have no idea if that size can be changed or how to change it.

Back