Steam workshop now supporting paid mods

I'm afraid of future steam workshop for SR. For example I made mod and post files here and someone download it upload on workshop and start selling without permission ;/
Well, like I said, if they introduce paid mods to Saints Row IV Workshop, I won't give a single fuck about it. These idiots can do whatever they want, I'm not going to take part in this.

Last edited:
Sadly the VG Industry has been in a steady decline for quite some time now. Constant updates, buggy games, overpriced DLC, DLC that at one point were free extras, indie's going apeshit and calling their customers misogynists, right-wing nutters saying that games make people violent, AAA Publishers lying to their consumers, said publishers massacring entire developers (I'm looking at you EA), those God-awful MLG parodies, crappy servers, butchering once beloved franchises with reboots (Dungeon Keeper, Bionic Commando and more recently Star Wars Battlefront), ban-happy forum moderators (no offense Minimaul), pervy fans with their disgusting R34 and fanfics, PR disasters (specifically ones of the Sony's pet crustaceans and MSoft VCR varieties), micro-transactions, over-blown prices (in the 'States a new game costs $60 and in Australia it can cost one hundred fucking dollars) and now this dreck with paid mods. Needless to say the Video Game Industry is starting to turn into as said by a random civilian in SR2 a "Fucking Wild West Show".

ban-happy forum moderators (no offense Minimaul)
Hey, everyone loves the banhammer :)

Seriously though, the way that Valve & Bethesda's moderators are handling this is awful. Incredibly bad.

Edit: I don't think they could have handled it worse if they tried. No official statements, no engaging with the fans, they're just letting the first group of modders take the flak - and it's a LOT of flak.

Sadly the VG Industry has been in a steady decline for quite some time now. Constant updates, buggy games, overpriced DLC, DLC that at one point were free extras, indie's going apeshit and calling their customers misogynists, right-wing nutters saying that games make people violent, AAA Publishers lying to their consumers, said publishers massacring entire developers (I'm looking at you EA), those God-awful MLG parodies, crappy servers, butchering once beloved franchises with reboots (Dungeon Keeper, Bionic Commando and more recently Star Wars Battlefront), ban-happy forum moderators (no offense Minimaul), pervy fans with their disgusting R34 and fanfics, PR disasters (specifically ones of the Sony's pet crustaceans and MSoft VCR varieties), micro-transactions, over-blown prices (in the 'States a new game costs $60 and in Australia it can cost one hundred fucking dollars) and now this dreck with paid mods. Needless to say the Video Game Industry is starting to turn into as said by a random civilian in SR2 a "Fucking Wild West Show".

To be fair, the decline in video games and the community quality can be blamed largely on gamers themselves.

Heres a notorious example, there was (and still is) a game on Steam called StarForge. It was an Early Access game developed by a small team called Codehatch. The game promised many things, and looked great. The reviews were quite good for the game, but suddenly the developer abandoned the game COMPLETELY. It's now being sold out of Early Access and it's a broken incomplete mess. The reviews are now almost entirely negative.

But guess what, now you have another game on Steam called Reign Of Kings, and it looks just like StarForge, only in a medieval setting. If you look at who is developing Reign Of Kings, it's none other than..... dundun DUN. CODEHATCH! The same bastards that gave us StarForge! Common sense would tell everyone to avoid those fucktwats, yet you have all of these morons buying the game probably because a few "youtubers" did a Lets Play on the game. You get a bandwagon effect and a wave of ignorant gamers purchase the game, leaving a tsunami of "11/10 gr8 game" reviews on Steam in their wake. Bonus idiot points go to the dumbasses who own both StarForge AND Reign Of Kings.

The trash bin known as Steam Greenlight/Early Access (I don't know the difference, nor do I care) shows that the issue lies with both developers and the gamers. The whole mod workshop thing just adds on top of that. It's basically Greenlight (same crappy stuff) that people are trying to get money for, except on a "DLC" scale.

Video game quality is going down because gamers now have much lower standards than they used to. Damn kids will give any game "10/10" if it contains just an ounce of elementary humor. These people go as far as leaving positive reviews for a negative game, and vice versa. They mislead the community and generally are just a pain in the ass.

they're just letting the first group of modders take the flak - and it's a LOT of flak.

Everyone involved in the workshop thing (Valve, Bethesda, and the modders) deserve all the flak coming to them. It doesn't matter who takes it. Hell, if the modders who were first up on paid Workshop end up quitting mods, that would be great. Maybe it will make other modders think before putting out paid mods, in fear of backlash by the community. Only time will tell if the community keeps this animosity for paid mods, or if it ends up becoming the norm.

What's the best case scenario here? Valve/Bethesda back out of the paid mod plan, and say "We've reverted back to a non paid mod system, we're sorry for forcing a crap system on you." Then everything returns back to normal?

Last edited:
Back