Statistics

That's an easy one. Simply delete the following file:
C:\Users\[profile name]\AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2\profile.dat

^That file contains all your stats and nothing else of importance. You will need to make sure that View Hidden Files/Folders is turned on in your Control Panel/Folder Options, otherwise you won't see the AppData folder. (Or you can just type %AppData% in your run box and it should take you right to it.

No way that I'm aware of for SRTT.

Rules for testing something hazardous.
Rule 1. Back everything up.
Rule 2. Back everything up again. Make a Zip backup and keep it.
Rule 3. Test one thing at a time, don't just throw science at the wall and see what sticks.
Rule 4. When testing what "deleting" something does, either rename or move it, don't actually delete it.
Rule 5. After your test is "completed", copy, not move, your backup to the original location, so that the backup still exists.
Rule 0. Never test shit after a few glasses of wine, sorry, I should have mentioned that one earlier.

Edit: My previous instructions were wrong, and the result of improper testing procedures.

Simply delete sr3def_profile and your profile is wiped. So long as savedir.sr3d_pc is intact, the save index is intact.
What I did was drink a few glasses of wine and delete the wrong file, losing my save index and having to save and load each one to rebuild it. Don't do that.

Question: Hey, I counted my saved games, and I have X, but in the profile directory, I have X+Y saves - why are there more files than expected?
Answer: Because when you delete a save from within the game, it doesn't erase the sr3s_pc file from the directory, it just marks it as unused in the profile file.
Want to keep certain saves and delete the files you're not using? Here's how:
Step Z. Load the game.
Step Y. Load a save which you want to keep.
Step X. Save the game, either overwriting the old save, or creating a new save - your choice.
Step W. Have more saves to save? Go back 2 spaces.
Step V. Exit the game, go to the profile directory.
Step U. Sort by modification date. Keep the files modified recently, delete the others.
Step T. Count your sr3s_pc save files, write this number down in place of Step 2. Create only this number of new saves with the blank profile.
Step S. Rename the files sequentially, starting from 0. If you want them in the order you saved them, use the modification date as a guide.

Shortcut to restore a single backup into an existing profile
Fact %. sr3save_23.sr3s_pc is the autosave slot.
Step +. Delete sr3save_23.sr3s_pc
Step >. Rename the file to import as sr3save_23.sr3s_pc and put it in the Storage directory
Step &. Start the game, load the autosave, save the game.

Fun fact: If you try to load a saved game which contained DLC you do not own, a message will be shown that the save had unavailable DLC, and the DLC items will be inaccessible. YMMV.

Back