STAG armor color change

I can't believe that I cant find this anywhere but... Is there a way to make the STAG armor you get customizable? I hate the beige and green.

If not, is there a way to directly modify the texture file?

Yeah, the color change mod isn't going to help. That outfit doesn't color change like the others do. It is almost certain we'll be able to start modding stuff like that once the documentation from Volition starts rolling in though. :)

To be honest it is absolutely mind-blowing why they wouldn't just make this item customizable to begin with. Did they really think no one was going to want to change it?
Yeah, the color change mod isn't going to help. That outfit doesn't color change like the others do. It is almost certain we'll be able to start modding stuff like that once the documentation from Volition starts rolling in though. :)
When is that supposed to happen? And what does that mean in non-modder-speak?

Volition is now working directly with us and helping us so we can create better tools and mods to do things like you're asking. It's currently impossible since we haven't been able to reverse engineer many of the file formats in the game ourselves.

EDIT:
It's happening starting this week:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?posts/20869/

Back