SRTT "freezing" at random

So I played this game to completion when it first game out, did the Genkibowl DLC, really enjoyed it despite the obvious DLC-whoring, and put it down for a bit to do other stuff. Got a new GPU recently(550 TI)and suddenly, the game "freezes" at numerous times, seemingly at random. So far I've had it do this during:

The opening cutscene(During the commercial with Pierce, literally before anything even happens)

Character creation, the moment I touched the "Build" slider, after picking a preset race and such.

During the second mission, when freefalling, dodging the boxes and cars.

Second mission again, AFTER catching Shaundi the first time, during that mini-cutscene.

Most recently, during the second mission, while DDTing one of the Morningstar thugs while running to the cargo hold.

By "freezes" I mean the video just abruptly stops, the process keeps running, and I can hear the audio going. In the case of "real" cutscenes, like the opening bit before the first mission, it will play all the way until the mission would start, then stop. I've tried lowering the settings down to the lowest, something I didn't even have to do with my old 9500 GT, even went down to DX9 to see if it would help. Again, something I never had to do with my 9500.

I'm not really in the mood to uninstall my 550, put the 9500 back in, reinstall all the drivers, run SRTT, then have to reinstall my 550 all over again. Someone on the Steam forums suggested that, and yeah, not happening.

To clarify a bit more, I've tried running both with Gentlemen of Steelport's latest release(as of this post) and without any mods at all. No luck. Also tried verifying the game cache, with, again, no luck.

Do you have any legacy mods in the root of your install with the srtt exe? They may be taking precedence over anything else and causing problems. Make sure there are no files with the following extension:
.lua
.str2_pc
.asm_pc
.xtbl

The files in my srtt directory are:

binkw32.dll
capture.srtt_audiodump
capture.srtt_framedump
changelist.txt
display.ini
game_launcher.exe
installscript.vdf
launcher.vpp_pc
Readme_SaintsRowTheThird_CZ.txt (Also DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, NL, PL, RU)
Remove_all_SRTT_mods.bat
saintsrowthethird.exe (The dx11 exe too)
steamapi.dll
vcredist_x86.exe
viewed.dat

Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary is there.

Sounds like a possible hardware or driver problem with your new card then.

Ah, I feared that might be the case. Precision might be pushing it too hard to reach its framerate target, in that case..

Edit: Tried running the game without Precision running, and it still crashed after about ten minutes. My GPU doesn't even sound like it's working that hard for this game, though, and I can run other games just fine without any problems. Weird. I just have no idea how I can run Arkham City on pretty good settings, yet SRTT on the very same level of detail just full-stop freezes, without even a GPU-crash message. I've gotten those before with Alan Wake, which I fixed by not running on such high settings, but this is just ridiculous.

Try installing MSI afterburner and using the manual fan control to run your gpu's fan faster. See if that helps.

Oh, I have Precision installed. I could try bumping the fan speed up a bit, I suppose. I have it going at around 50%, ramping up as it reaches more dangerous temps, but maybe for SRTT I need to put it a little higher. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Blagh, seems like even that doesn't work. I'll try lowering the settings a lot, see if that coupled with a higher fan speed helps.

Edit 2: I don't even think it's a hardware thing at this point. The game still freezes within ten minutes or so of playing, no matter the settings, resolution, or fan speed. Doesn't seem to matter if I use GOSP or vanilla; this game just refuses to work. May as well add myself to the list of people that have had nothing but problems since the DLC and patches for the DLC started rolling in.

Back