Saints Row IV SRIV Steam patch 9/16/13

Viewing the generated dump file:
Process Architecture: x86
Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access."
Heap Information: Not Present

So when trying to launch Steam as Administrator, it works, but it is still only a workaround.
I had the same error, so going to try take ownership and then remove read only.

I have read that users who experienced similar symptoms had luck with changing the saintsrow executable filename or deleting it, then run verify via Steam. It would re-download the exefile and it has fixed the issue.

unable to start the game after this update. (app already running)
Tried all the suggestions in this thread but nothing seems to work.

I'm posting this dump file I found under the game folder. please help me..
You are crashing down in the video card driver. Do you have the latest driver?

I got an Asus Xonar Dg and the driver posted early helped in getting the game started. However it is always crashing at the same point int he first mission.

Attachments

• saintsrowiv_1102680_crash_2013_10_8T18_24_28C0.mdmp
    70.5 KB · Views: 380
  • saintsrowiv_1102680_crash_2013_10_8T18_24_28C0.mdmp
    70.5 KB · Views: 385
Ok, I'm having this "app is already running" issue also. Now in my case, I loaded the game WITHOUT updating my mods. I played through the ETD campaign and when I was done, I went into clothing stores and none of them would load up the menus. So I came to the forums, because obviously a mod needed updating so I updated the 2 mods and I got the "App is already running" so I deleted everything in the main SR4 folder excluding the folders and verified and the issue is still happening, I don't have anything ASUS related.

Pretty weird that I played through the whole ETD DLC on out dated mods and then my game breaks after updating/removing them.

Attachments

• saintsrowiv_1112095_crash_2013_10_23T23_12_29C0SHADOWGEARX.mdmp
    68.2 KB · Views: 356
  • saintsrowiv_1112095_crash_2013_10_23T23_12_42C0SHADOWGEARX.mdmp
    69.3 KB · Views: 362
Back