SR2 Co-Op Post-GameSpy Closure

I've been trying to get SR2 co-op to work using LAN instead of GameSpy via Hamachi but for some reason I still cannot see my friend's game on the server list. Anyone know of a way to play SR2 co-op without using GameSpy?

ENLIST THE O.R.C AND YOU WILL HAVE A BUNCH OF GUYS TO PLAY WITH!! :cool::cool::cool:
i´m the Co-Creator of a Roleplay community, we like to play and act as our characters and we nothing to do with RPG´s, we also like to play online.....

:rolleyes:

I've been trying to get SR2 co-op to work using LAN instead of GameSpy via Hamachi but for some reason I still cannot see my friend's game on the server list. Anyone know of a way to play SR2 co-op without using GameSpy?

I just wanted to reply to this to say that while Hamachi is a great piece of free VPN software, it's one of the worst for gaming. Why? The IP addresses it uses. All Hamachi IP addresses are in the range 25.x.x.x, e.g. 25.242.99.34. The problem with that is it isn't an expected private IP address.

There are three officially designated ranges of private IP addresses: 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x, and 192.168.x.x. A large number of games are coded so that in LAN mode they ONLY check IP addresses in those ranges, and some will only check in the last one (192.168.x.x). Since Hamachi addresses aren't in those ranges, most games won't see available LAN players over Hamachi.

Anyway, IdolNinja's post on the official forums already has suggested two highly viable solutions (Tunngle and Evolve) which use the "correct" IP addresses. If you and your friend are using Hamachi for mostly games-related purposes I STRONGLY suggest you switch to using either of those, or GameRanger if its mostly older games.

Back