South Korean translation update

OK, here's a dump of all the characters from the font included in that translation.

There's an image for each character, and a file called "map.txt" - please open map.txt and type in the character that's shown in each image next to the number inside the quotes - so for example 33.png would be:

Code:
33 "!"

I've already filled in the ones I could do.

Once you've done that, attach map.txt to the post and I should be able to make a tool that can convert the string files provided in that translation to proper unicode for editing.

All done

Attachments

• map.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 435
Awesome. It's quite late here so I'll take a look at that list tomorrow and see what I can do! :)

How do these strings look?

edit: I can see some issues with ₩n rather then \n in places... but that might actually be OK and work. not sure.

edit2: I've attached strings v2.zip which should fix those.

edit3: I've built this into test strings files - if you take test-strings.zip and extract it to a clean SRIV install's main folder, then run SRIV with the launch options "-localize_language sk", you should get these strings loaded nicely. It doesn't include subtitles yet, I'll process those if this is OK.
20161018195826_1.jpg

Attachments

• strings.zip
    617.2 KB · Views: 1,457
  • strings v2.zip
    595.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • test-strings.zip
    854.3 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. It's quite late here so I'll take a look at that list tomorrow and see what I can do! :)

How do these strings look?

edit: I can see some issues with ₩n rather then \n in places... but that might actually be OK and work. not sure.

edit2: I've attached strings v2.zip which should fix those.

edit3: I've built this into test strings files - if you take test-strings.zip and extract it to a clean SRIV install's main folder, then run SRIV with the launch options "-localize_language sk", you should get these strings loaded nicely. It doesn't include subtitles yet, I'll process those if this is OK.
View attachment 14852

Strings looks fine and It works great!

Thank you

Right, in that case I'll see if I can find some time tomorrow to convert the voice subtitles too.

I started this but I didn't finish it.

I've got some free time now - I'll see if I can finish it tonight.
OK, here are some test files to go through: http://minimaul.thirdstreetsaints.com/files/temp/sk-translation/

The files starting with "out.7z" are a test version of the translation - if you extract it and then copy the files into a clean Saints Row IV folder, it should produce a working translation (now with the voice subtitles, too).

The files starting with "South Korean Translation test.7z" contain the files I used to build this mod - including a batch file to make it easier to build it.

When you extract this, you should get three folders - data, original, and tools - and a batch file called "build.cmd".

tools just contains a copy of my latest toolset.
original contains an extracted copy of the original game's soundbank.vpp_pc.

data contains two subfolders - strings and voc.
strings contains the same .xml strings files as before.
voc contains the extracted voice soundbanks - if you open up the .xml files in each of these folders, you'll see bits like:

Code:
<file id="2740513933" audio="voc_asha_media.bnk_pc_00008.wem">
        <metadata version="1" personaid="3032062520" voicelineid="4203097331" wavlengthms="3277">
            <lipsync>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</lipsync>
            <subtitles version="3">
                <subtitle language="Korean">어머. 이건 진짜... 와우.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="English">Oh my. This is...wow. </subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Spanish">Madre mía. Eso es... Vaya. </subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Italian">Wow. Ma che... figata.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Japanese">あらら これは… まあ</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="German">Meine Güte. Das ist ... wow.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="French">Oh mon Dieu. C'est... wouahou.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Dutch"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Swedish"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Danish"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Czech"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Polish">O rany. To dopiero... łał.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Russian">Ничего себе. Это ж... Ого.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Chinese"></subtitle>
            </subtitles>
        </metadata>
    </file>

Edit the subtitles with language "Korean" to make your own subtitles.

Once you've edited files, run "build.cmd" - it will automatically build all the files. It'll do the following:
  • First, it will delete the "out" folder if it exists, then re-create it.

• Then it will take the extracted soundbanks and build them into new soundbank files, and put them in the "out" folder. This step takes a while.

• It'll then make a new soundboot.vpp_pc (but it will call it sndbootsk.vpp_pc, so it won't overwrite the original), and put it in the "out" folder.

• Then it'll make new le_strings files from the xml files in the "strings" folder, and put them in the "out" folder.

• Then it'll copy the xinput1_3.dll file to the "out" folder too.
Once you see "Finished building!", it's done - and you'll have a complete copy of the mod in the "out" folder.

As before, you'll need to run SRIV with "-localize_language sk" for this to work!

edit: Just realised the version of xinput1_3.dll in the linked files has a bug - you should replace it with the one I've attached to this post.

Attachments

• xinput1_3.zip
    216.2 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here are some test files to go through: http://minimaul.thirdstreetsaints.com/files/temp/sk-translation/

The files starting with "out.7z" are a test version of the translation - if you extract it and then copy the files into a clean Saints Row IV folder, it should produce a working translation (now with the voice subtitles, too).

The files starting with "South Korean Translation test.7z" contain the files I used to build this mod - including a batch file to make it easier to build it.

When you extract this, you should get three folders - data, original, and tools - and a batch file called "build.cmd".

tools just contains a copy of my latest toolset.
original contains an extracted copy of the original game's soundbank.vpp_pc.

data contains two subfolders - strings and voc.
strings contains the same .xml strings files as before.
voc contains the extracted voice soundbanks - if you open up the .xml files in each of these folders, you'll see bits like:

Code:
<file id="2740513933" audio="voc_asha_media.bnk_pc_00008.wem">
        <metadata version="1" personaid="3032062520" voicelineid="4203097331" wavlengthms="3277">
            <lipsync>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</lipsync>
            <subtitles version="3">
                <subtitle language="Korean">어머. 이건 진짜... 와우.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="English">Oh my. This is...wow. </subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Spanish">Madre mía. Eso es... Vaya. </subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Italian">Wow. Ma che... figata.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Japanese">あらら これは… まあ</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="German">Meine Güte. Das ist ... wow.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="French">Oh mon Dieu. C'est... wouahou.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Dutch"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Swedish"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Danish"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Czech"></subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Polish">O rany. To dopiero... łał.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Russian">Ничего себе. Это ж... Ого.</subtitle>
                <subtitle language="Chinese"></subtitle>
            </subtitles>
        </metadata>
    </file>

Edit the subtitles with language "Korean" to make your own subtitles.

Once you've edited files, run "build.cmd" - it will automatically build all the files. It'll do the following:
  • First, it will delete the "out" folder if it exists, then re-create it.

• Then it will take the extracted soundbanks and build them into new soundbank files, and put them in the "out" folder. This step takes a while.

• It'll then make a new soundboot.vpp_pc (but it will call it sndbootsk.vpp_pc, so it won't overwrite the original), and put it in the "out" folder.

• Then it'll make new le_strings files from the xml files in the "strings" folder, and put them in the "out" folder.

• Then it'll copy the xinput1_3.dll file to the "out" folder too.
Once you see "Finished building!", it's done - and you'll have a complete copy of the mod in the "out" folder.

As before, you'll need to run SRIV with "-localize_language sk" for this to work!

edit: Just realised the version of xinput1_3.dll in the linked files has a bug - you should replace it with the one I've attached to this post.
Many thanks

Back