South Korean translation update

Hi, i'm trying to extract SRIV strings but i get this error

An unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: '', Hexadecimal value of 0x14 is invalid characters.
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteElementTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
location: System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
location: ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.Program.Main(String[] args)

Attachments

• activity_us.le_strings
    29.9 KB · Views: 416
Hi, i'm trying to extract SRIV strings but i get this error

An unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: '', Hexadecimal value of 0x14 is invalid characters.
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32 ch, Byte* pDst, Boolean entitize)
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteElementTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
location: System.Xml.XmlUtf8RawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
location: System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
location: ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.Program.Main(String[] args)
This activity_us.le_strings is not the same as the activity_us.le_strings from my SRIV install. It's quite different and about 4KB smaller.

It also doesn't match SRTT or SRGOOH's activity_us.le_strings either - where did you get this file?

This activity_us.le_strings is not the same as the activity_us.le_strings from my SRIV install. It's quite different and about 4KB smaller.

It also doesn't match SRTT or SRGOOH's activity_us.le_strings either - where did you get this file?

It's from user translation, he abandoned project and i'm trying to continue his work

That appears to be this translation: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/korean-patch-from-conundrum-한글-패치.14081/ ?

It looks like the way they've added characters to the font isn't ideal - they've hacked in characters at odd spots - my tools won't work with this as it is.

There's actually a South Korean language entry in the game and this could be done more elegantly I think... there's even a charlist file for South Korean... no idea how complete it is though.

edit: There's even a SK font already bundled in SRIV... this could be done quite nicely I think...

edit2: well I can get SRIV to start up using Korean but it won't load my example menu_sk.le_strings file... will have to have a bit more of a play with this...

edit3: Well I can now get it to do this:
sriv-korean-test.png

Which is done with these strings files and a little bit of abuse of the modding patch EXE.

edit4: this is an ugly ugly hack (but it does work)... I've attached a DLL and source code. If you dump the DLL into your SRIV folder along with the menu_sk.le_strings file and launch SRIV with the launch option "-localize_language sk" you should get a game that starts up and will try to load Korean language strings using the Volition provided Korean font. You can then extract US language strings (such as menu_us.le_strings), change the language in the XML to "Korean" and then edit them (hopefully just using normal unicode) and rebuild them into a file named something like "menu_sk.le_strings". Put that into the root and the game should load it.

Something similar should be doable for voice line subtitles too rather than hackily replacing the US English subtitles.

edit5: helps if I remember to upload the DLL files.

Attachments

• sriv-korean-test.png
    sriv-korean-test.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 433
  • menu_sk.xml
    63.7 KB · Views: 751
  • menu_sk.le_strings
    57.9 KB · Views: 434
  • SaintsRowIVLanguagePatcher_bin.7z
    159.3 KB · Views: 360
  • SaintsRowIVLanguagePatcher_src.7z
    4.9 KB · Views: 335
Last edited by a moderator:
That appears to be this translation: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/korean-patch-from-conundrum-한글-패치.14081/ ?

It looks like the way they've added characters to the font isn't ideal - they've hacked in characters at odd spots - my tools won't work with this as it is.

There's actually a South Korean language entry in the game and this could be done more elegantly I think... there's even a charlist file for South Korean... no idea how complete it is though.

If they hacked in characters, does it mean previously translated strings are useless?
or can it be decoded to SK charset?

If they hacked in characters, does it mean previously translated strings are useless?
or can it be decoded to SK charset?
I can extract the data, but I don't know how to map them to proper unicode characters - and I don't know korean so it makes it doubly hard.

edit: I should be able to make a tool that takes a string file and a list of unicode characters and you should be able to create your own map that way. Slightly nasty but worth a shot.

Hmm.. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.
OK, here's a dump of all the characters from the font included in that translation.

There's an image for each character, and a file called "map.txt" - please open map.txt and type in the character that's shown in each image next to the number inside the quotes - so for example 33.png would be:

Code:
33 "!"

I've already filled in the ones I could do.

Once you've done that, attach map.txt to the post and I should be able to make a tool that can convert the string files provided in that translation to proper unicode for editing.

Attachments

• characters.7z
    761.1 KB · Views: 382
Back