Skill - Vampire (Bloodsucker Pack Port)

Do u plan to find more things that can be ported over to sr4 I can't think from the top of my head what exactly but do u have plans cuz if u found out how to get that dlc ported to sr4 to work then there must be more stuff that could work more possibilities for great mods.:)

I'd like to port over the old weapon shapes as costumes for the new weapons, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that. If someone can show me how to do one though I could do the rest. Not as new weapons mind you, just as skins for the existing weapons. Your Quickshot Pistol might look like the KA-1 Kobra, but it's still just the Quickshot Pistol.

That would be really cool, I heard that you can port over the models to replace existing models but how that works I don't know.
I've always wanted the AS3 Ultimax as a skin for the pump-action shotgun in SRIV.

Hmm holy shit I just thought couldn't weapons and certain stuff be brought back to sr4 that are still there but yet missing shit to them like the parachute. I heard is working but the parachute is invisible and all stuff like that.also I heard from someone saying they can bring shark gun back but the shark is missing or something.does this mean outfits and weapons that were in sr3 that got cut in sr4 be brought back i would love to see this :).

Hmm holy shit I just thought couldn't weapons and certain stuff be brought back to sr4 that are still there but yet missing shit to them like the parachute. I heard is working but the parachute is invisible and all stuff like that.also I heard from someone saying they can bring shark gun back but the shark is missing or something.does this mean outfits and weapons that were in sr3 that got cut in sr4 be brought back i would love to see this :).
Best indication is that if all that is missing is an animation and/or model then it's quite possible to restore it from SR3's resources. The mesh format and animation format appear to be compatible between the two games, if not identical.

The big question though is legality. Other games have had legal issues with porting content from a previous game to another one, because in the process you are giving people who don't own the previous game access to part of it (if only a very small part of it). That's why I didn't just package this up as a distro available for download, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. I've run afoul of that before with my work on Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

Anyway, the point is, I'm almost sure it's possible, but I'm not sure it's permissible to do more than release a how-to guide on it like I've done here. I'm going to keep poking at doing things like restoring previous weapons as costumes, but until I get confirmation from Volition staff that I can package up stuff for download I won't be uploading anything like that.

Best indication is that if all that is missing is an animation and/or model then it's quite possible to restore it from SR3's resources. The mesh format and animation format appear to be compatible between the two games, if not identical.

The big question though is legality. Other games have had legal issues with porting content from a previous game to another one, because in the process you are giving people who don't own the previous game access to part of it (if only a very small part of it). That's why I didn't just package this up as a distro available for download, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. I've run afoul of that before with my work on Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

Anyway, the point is, I'm almost sure it's possible, but I'm not sure it's permissible to do more than release a how-to guide on it like I've done here. I'm going to keep poking at doing things like restoring previous weapons as costumes, but until I get confirmation from Volition staff that I can package up stuff for download I won't be uploading anything like that.
Well I don't see why not I mean they did port a bunch of previous outfits and stuff from sr3 to sr4 but had allot they didn't cuz of the console limit bs. I don't see why wouldn't they give u permission will just have to wait for volition to answer or better yet idol ninja

As far as I'm aware, you can legally distribute instructions or even automated tools that transport resources from one game to another. The only thing that would require permission would be redistributing the resources yourself.

I am fairly certain that Volition gave permission to port resources between the Saints Row games, anyway (that is, to distribute the resources), but I haven't found where they did that.

As far as I'm aware, you can legally distribute instructions or even automated tools that transport resources from one game to another. The only thing that would require permission would be redistributing the resources yourself.

I am fairly certain that Volition gave permission to port resources between the Saints Row games, anyway (that is, to distribute the resources), but I haven't found where they did that.
If you can find that I would be really interested to see it, just so I know I can post distros instead of tutorials.

Yeah, it won't be properly compatible with co-op. I'm not sure if a non-modded viewer would crash or would just see nothing happening. More testing is required obviously.

So I imagine by now you have had a wee bit of time to test this mod & I was wondering how that is going. So far this is one my favorite mod ideas. I really miss that bloodsucker kill so I really wish you the best with this !!

* Please let me know if you did find any incompatibility issues and if so how bad are they?

* Thank you very much for your efforts on this mod ~ It would really up my Murder Time Fun Time !!!

Back