Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod

Shitface, can you teach me where to edit the nocturne to let it have lots of flames?

You need to add a new "constant effect" to the weapon either to its entry in weapons.xtbl or to an upgraded version in weapon_upgrades.xtbl, which looks like this:

<Constant_Effects>
<Constant_Effect>
<Effect>Fire_Sticky</Effect>
<Weapon_Prop_Point>vfx1</Weapon_Prop_Point>
<Condition>during melee swing</Condition>
</Constant_Effect>
<Constant_Effect>
<Effect>VFX_BruteFlame_BackPack</Effect>
<Weapon_Prop_Point>vfx5</Weapon_Prop_Point>
<Condition>always on</Condition>
</Constant_Effect>
</Constant_Effects>

As you can see, these are the effects I've added to the upgraded sword in my mod. Each weapon has two "prop points", areas of the weapon where effects (listed in effects.xtbl) can be attached to the weapon. vfx1 is near the tip of the weapon usually, and vfx5 is were your hands are. You can choose different conditions for when the effects appear as well, which you can see above.

For the first one, I attached the "fire_sticky" effect to appear at the tip of the sword only when the weapon is swung (condition). If you look up the fire_sticky entry in effects.xtbl you'll notice it has been given the ability to ignite stuff on fire, making it ideal for use on a weapon. When swung, the effect plays, burning whatever shit is nearby and sometimes yourself if you don't have the fire immunity upgrade.

The brute flame backpack effect (the jet of flame that shoots out of a flame brute's backpack when punctured) has been attached to the base of the sword (vfx1) and is always on (condition). This gives the weapon the cool burning effect. If you want a burning sword you can either do this or pray harder to R'hllor, the Lord of Light.

Check out the bottom of most .xtbl files for more detailed documentation on the different entries and what they do.

If you are adding this new code to a weapon upgrade, remember to add the <Constant_Effects_OM>OM_REPLACE</Constant_Effects_OM> line afterwards, which tells the game to add this new effect to the weapon.

Why have I never seen this fire of epicness before -.- FML, I feel like iv been missing out all this time

Dude, did you even read the OP?

You need to add a new "constant effect" to the weapon either to its entry in weapons.xtbl or to an upgraded version in weapon_upgrades.xtbl, which looks like this:

As you can see, these are the effects I've added to the upgraded sword in my mod. Each weapon has two "prop points", areas of the weapon where effects (listed in effects.xtbl) can be attached to the weapon. vfx1 is near the tip of the weapon usually, and vfx5 is were your hands are. You can choose different conditions for when the effects appear as well, which you can see above.

For the first one, I attached the "fire_sticky" effect to appear at the tip of the sword only when the weapon is swung (condition). If you look up the fire_sticky entry in effects.xtbl you'll notice it has been given the ability to ignite stuff on fire, making it ideal for use on a weapon. When swung, the effect plays, burning whatever shit is nearby and sometimes yourself if you don't have the fire immunity upgrade.

The brute flame backpack effect (the jet of flame that shoots out of a flame brute's backpack when punctured) has been attached to the base of the sword (vfx1) and is always on (condition). This gives the weapon the cool burning effect. If you want a burning sword you can either do this or pray harder to R'hllor, the Lord of Light.

Check out the bottom of most .xtbl files for more detailed documentation on the different entries and what they do.

If you are adding this new code to a weapon upgrade, remember to add the <Constant_Effects_OM>OM_REPLACE</Constant_Effects_OM> line afterwards, which tells the game to add this new effect to the weapon.

Nope I dont tend to use mods that often I prefer to spend time making them and Iv not played SRTT with many mods so I dont have this one so iv not looked at OP I only tend to do that when other people are having trouble with a mod and creator or admin aint online to help :D

Ok... thx for teaching me, I'm still very new to game modding btw! :)

Love the mod Shitface, but I have two questions to ask for the .45 shepherd firing rate. (I apologize in advance if the answer is on one of the earlier pages, I tried searching for it while skimming.) 1.) Which file would I have to modify to give it the automatic firing rate again? 2.) What is the value (or line) that I would have to change to make it so.

I'm running it on the v1.0 version on Steam, by the way if anyone would be asking.

Love the mod Shitface, but I have two questions to ask for the .45 shepherd firing rate. (I apologize in advance if the answer is on one of the earlier pages, I tried searching for it while skimming.) 1.) Which file would I have to modify to give it the automatic firing rate again? 2.) What is the value (or line) that I would have to change to make it so.

I'm running it on the v1.0 version on Steam, by the way if anyone would be asking.
Weapons.xtbl
you need to edit refire rate and/or trigger type

I'm running it on the v1.0 version on Steam
whats that mean :S you have not updated steam? if not then you wont be able to use mods

Weapons.xtbl
you need to edit refire rate and/or trigger type

whats that mean :S you have not updated steam? if not then you wont be able to use mods

Thanks for the assistance and when I said V1.0 I meant the version of Saints Row 3 (or whatever the latest version of Saints row 3.)

Edit: Well I tried to locate(in the original files) what the settings were and compared them to the newer file data. It was the same and after I tried to change them, I still have slow fire for the gang pistol in both normal and zoom mode. Unless there is another way it was set to have rapid fire at level 4, I am unable to think of it otherwise.

Last edited:
Your mod's miscellaneous meddling broke my Upgrades after I uninstalled it, including ones I had spent money on before installing the mod.
That's because Shitface was messing with upgrades. He added some new, deleted some vanilla, edited other...

Back