No!!! don't give up shitface i love your's and fan of the saints mods, you Don't have to stop on account of peoples bitching.
Well diffrent people have different opinions and different tastes mate, just don't take it too personal !

We all love and appreciate your guys work and especially yours !
Come on, you're great! :cool:

Haha, thanks. I'm not leaving for good, I'll resume modding SR4 whenever the SDK is released.

i'm having an issue w/ the Touchstone smgs in the mission From Asha with Love". least i think it's the weapons themselves.

i can't crouch. thought it odd that i couldn't crouch in this mission since it's all stealthy like, watched some vids and i see that i should be able to. removing upgrades file didn't work. ran minimaul tool. checked the weapon.xbtl and it doesn't have any "no crouch" flag on an smg. i can crouch w/ the the heavy smg (same skin) outside of the mission. it's almost like the character model swap can't crouch. i have NPC Behavior mod, Extended Arsenal, all dlc.
edit: also the 2 smgs i have in the mission are called Touchstone 40 cal, is that what i should have?
it's really buggin me just because it's a stealth mission. any ideas? thanks

i'm having an issue w/ the Touchstone smgs in the mission From Asha with Love". least i think it's the weapons themselves.

i can't crouch. thought it odd that i couldn't crouch in this mission since it's all stealthy like, watched some vids and i see that i should be able to. removing upgrades file didn't work. ran minimaul tool. checked the weapon.xbtl and it doesn't have any "no crouch" flag on an smg. i can crouch w/ the the heavy smg (same skin) outside of the mission. it's almost like the character model swap can't crouch. i have NPC Behavior mod, Extended Arsenal, all dlc.
No idea what's wrong. I only added "dual wieldable" flag. :confused:
edit: also the 2 smgs i have in the mission are called Touchstone 40 cal, is that what i should have?
Eh, seems like I'll have to add a note to the OP about it. Shitface's post from page 39 (quite strange you didn't notice it as you posted one message on that page :p):
The "touchstone 40 cal" weapons are from the single player missions. One of them is semi-automatic, and the other has automatic fire.

No idea what's wrong. I only added "dual wieldable" flag. :confused:

Eh, seems like I'll have to add a note to the OP about it. Shitface's post from page 39 (quite strange you didn't notice it as you posted one message on that page :p):
well it's really odd then, as i've tracked the problem to this mod's weapon.xtbl file. i had been using ver 1.13 from a week ago, but i've tried ver 135 and 138 and they all do it too. if i have that weapon file in, then the player will not crouch in the Asha with Love mission.

edit: aah. i think it may just be that simple "dual wieldable" flag that you added. because i've tried some weapon.xtbl files from other different mods, and the mission plays correctly with crouching. then i used one from this mod...
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/dual-wield-shotguns-and-rifles.5228/
ironically your own mod Fan of Saints, that makes for some dual weilding shotties. and the same no crouching problem occurs when using that weapon.xtbl. are you changing movement or something.
edit2: yep, more testing and i'm pretty sure if the player starts that mission with 2 smgs dual wielding, then they can't crouch at all. which looks really stupid and strange for that mission. if the player just holds 1 smg then they are crouched the whole time (the mission "locks" you into the crouched or standing pose for that mission).
is that weapon not ever supposed to be dual in vanilla game, even if you buy the upgrade (which i have that upgrade)? maybe the devs never expected anyone to have dual upgrade that early in the game

anyone know what that Touchstone weapon is called in the file, so i can remove the dual wield just for that mission?

Last edited:
For me crouching in the missions From Asha with Love and in Zero Saints Thirthy wasn't working even in vanilla.You guys are all wrong,you are not supposed to crouch in both of these missions,because the player has different movement animations.

For me crouching in the missions From Asha with Love and in Zero Saints Thirthy wasn't working even in vanilla.You guys are all wrong,you are not supposed to crouch in both of these missions,because the player has different movement animations.
nah, think you're wrong. just go to Youtube and search "saints asha love", or "saints rescue asha" ect. EVERY video of the mission distinctly shows your toon crouching (male or female). and it only makes sense considering the mission. it's a parody of stealth games like MGS. you're using a silenced rifle for 1 hit head shots, Asha crouches too. doesn't make sense to dual. the game locks you into a crouch til about 3/4 through that mission, then you can stand again. but i'm guessing since the guns the mission equips you with starts you out dual wielding, then the game locks you into that dual wield pose.
it wasn't a big deal. i just removed the dual wieldable flag from any rifle named "Storm" in the weapons.xtbl. then the mission played as intended, after which i added the flags back.

edit: thinking about it, the mission might correct itself on it's own, because not too far in, you are forced to go into air vents so you'd have to crouch, or i would think there'd be some rather bad glitches lol. so this might correct itself, and all my typing could be for naught lol. i corrected things before i got to the vents so not sure. either way, i still think that 1 single rifle better fits the stealth parody of the mission

You start crouching in those missions, though. It's only at the very end of them that your character stands upright

Back