Seems there's LOTS of issues with new Saint Row IV Re-Elected release

Summary of the reported issues on Steam forums :
1. Game can't load any save game that has any kind of DLC unlocked, as literally any savegame made past "The Real World" which is the 7th story mission (after which DLC become available) will result the game just quit to desktop upon any attempts to load a such save.
2. Some DLC seems to be removed, Like "The Super Saints" one.
3. The camera doesn't work properly.
4. Some people also can't start a new game / campaign as they only get infinite loading screen, or even worse - can't either enter any options in-game without game becomes unresponsive, or just entirely crashes on opening (Luckily, I was able do load my game just fine).
5. The Borderless Windowed is mysteriously removed completely (!?!).
6. Those playing Co-op seems to get disconnected each other at end of missions.
7. Also, those that are started a new game, can play first six story missions (where DLC isn't available yet) just fine, but when finishing the 7th "The Real World" mission and go to moment when DLC is supposed to be unlocked upon completing the mission the game also just straight crashes to desktop. This makes the 8th mission "Hack The Planet" and all rest missions until end of the game unreachable and impossible to be played.

Volition should release a patch - the game is pretty much broken now, especially with savegames not being able to be loaded bug, as appears the last mission that can be completed and loaded from a save game in Saint Row IV Re-Elected without any crashing, is the sixth mission "Hot and Cold" where DLCs are not present / unlocked yet. Any savegame that has any further storyline progress saved, and any mission from "The Real World" or later completed and has any kind of DLC unlocked, will straight lead to game's shutdown if it tries to load a such save! This is really game-breaking bug as literally any progress / missions / activities from the 8th one - "Hack The Planet" mission onwards and until end of game is impossible to played.

Last edited:
-I can't load any saves - the game just crashes back to Windows while trying to load the save.
-Many of my saves disappeared all together, leaving only about half left in the menu.
-Can't start a new game because the initial splash screen with the Presidential SR logo just hangs indefinitely

It looks like these are very common issues, @Vladimir_Dimov. Almost universally everyone on the Steam forums are complaining of the same thing. I tried a few things that didn't work, including uninstalling Epic from my computer, re-installing Epic and letting Steam associate the game with the platform. I tried running it from my Steam library as well as directly from my desktop icon.

I noticed that if I go into the SRIV directory in my Steam apps folder, the SRIV icon has now been replaced with an icon containing the Epic logo. So I tried just running that directly, which also got me into the game's menus, like loading it through Steam, only going into the game this way, none of my saves are showing at all. I also tried to start a new game, but again, like above, the screen just infinitely hangs on the initial splash page.

What's truly weird is that NOBODY from Deep Silver or the new dev that Volition was absorbed by have made any comments about this, and have been completely silent on even acknowledging the huge problems with this. At least this was how it was very early this morning. But I am wondering if someone from either the dev team, whatever you want to call them (Volition/Gearbox) are going to come out of hiding and address this massively botched update/release.

Sorry to double post, but I just did a search and it seems a lot of people are having trouble running the game with mods, and I remembered that I have JK SRIV Nude Update 1.7z installed in my main game directory, so I deleted all those mod files and the game still crashes. I am going to wait a bit and see if there's another fix, but since Volition/Gearbox/DeepSilver have collectively gone dark on this game, I will eventually try uninstalling and re-installing the game. Before that, I may download it and install it from Epic, since the game is free for Epic subscribers.

Other than that, I am at a loss. My PC is certainly powerful enough to run this game. I may not have a 3090 or 4090, but my RTX3070 should have no problem running this game.

its sad that we cant use mods in this version, every time i try to install a mod the game just infinitely loads, also sometimes the game just crashes to desktop. the devs really need to fix the game

its sad that we cant use mods in this version, every time i try to install a mod the game just infinitely loads, also sometimes the game just crashes to desktop. the devs really need to fix the game

You know, as much as I like the mods, I could at least content myself with playing the game without pixelated nipples and pubic hair if the game ran without them. So for me at least, this isn't a mod issue. Mods are fun and all, but not necessary for me. But even without mods, the game simply won't load saves, and I can't even start a new game.

the game runs 100% fine for me, as long as i don't use any mods. I have a save at the completed stage, with the DLC missions completed and everything loaded up fine, unless i try and use the two mods i have always used - a nude mod, and a mod that removed the 'privacy bar' from the rectifier.

i cant even finish the first part of story because crashes , and in low grafics some models like the helicopter in the intro disappeared And my pc crashed because how bad polished its (with no mods)

The problem is that in the interest of "crossplay", it's a safe bet plaion's set up such nightmares as an always-online requirement or lines in the code to prevent mods that change your installation from their blessed base. If they haven't, it's probably going to happen.

I can confirm that the old issue of not accepting external drives is back, something I found immensely annoying, to say the least.

Seems the game has getting almost only negative reviews on Steam Communities in the last two days since the Re-Elected version was released. Also on Steam, so-called "legacy-version" is in fact the same as Re-Elected current version, so practically - NO-GO back to the previous version legally in any way...

Back